OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Best Sounding Gobbler Call  (Read 10787 times)

Offline seb5315

Best Sounding Gobbler Call
« on: April 01, 2013, 03:57:11 PM »
Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on the best gobbler call on the market?

Offline SouthEastNC

Re: Best Sounding Gobbler Call
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 05:13:48 PM »
i haven't blown it myself or heard it in person, but videos of the Haint sound pretty good.

if you have a double-sided boxcall, you can also put a rubberband around it close to the handle and shake it. with a little practice, it sounds good.
Go Heels, Go America

Offline Charley B

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 05:33:46 PM »
I have the Haint since a year, no doubt in my mind it produce the most realistic gobble that money can buy.

Offline El Pavo Grande

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 08:21:42 PM »
My friend bought a Flextone Thunder Gobble.  I was skeptical, but no joke it sounds extremely good in the woods.  It kind of has that rattle and deep tone of a real gobble.  The problem I see with it is to the caller it is hard to recognize the sound quality as you call, at least for us it was. He wasn't impressed, but was shocked when I played the recording back to him from 75 yards away in the woods. 

Offline MEbeardlover

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 01:22:47 PM »
Purchased the Hale Fire over the winter and have been practicing with it. It took a while to get anything that sounded close to a gobble. I'm at the point where it doesn't sound too bad. I am hoping it sounds better in the woods and from a distance.

Since I purchased the darn thing, I also did some internet research and learned two ways to gobble with a diaphragm call. I'll be darned if the diaphragm doesn't sound just as good if not better than the Hale Fire! With the diaphragm, you can push the call back farther on the roof of your mouth, and then say "chicka-chocka-chocka-chocka". Cupping your hands in various positions helps to hollow out the sound. Takes a while. The second method is the "buck tooth" (sorry) method, which is to place the call between your upper lip and teeth/gum with the later reeds resting on the bottom lip. You then say "tooka-tooka-tooka-tooka", which is the same sound you use for the Hale Fire.

I have enjoyed working on these gobble calls and I'm very interested in how they will sound in the turkey woods soon.

Offline BeardzNSpurz

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 01:32:53 PM »
I bought the Haint about 2 weeks ago and I really like it. Had the gobble down the evening I bought it. A good place to buy it is from Colgard Sports online. Got mine for 26.75 plus 5 or 6 to ship. Killed one with my bow saturday using it.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Offline VaTuRkStOmPeR

• Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 04:52:29 PM »
I have the haint but was recently introduced to the Tim Grounds gobble call while guiding in west Tennessee for Kids Hunting for a Cure.

My brother got the call from Tim and it is by far the most authentic sounding, gobble call I've heard. It that also has the ability to cluck, purr, and crow call.

Give it some serious consideration.

Offline Charley B

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 04:56:59 PM »
I have the haint but was recently introduced to the Tim Grounds gobble call while guiding in west Tennessee for Kids Hunting for a Cure.

My brother got the call from Tim and it is by far the most authentic sounding, gobble call I've heard. It that also has the ability to cluck, purr, and crow call.

I made search on the internet, came to his site but not find anything about turkey calls, de you have a link pelase?

Offline VaTuRkStOmPeR

• Longbeard
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 05:47:48 PM »
Pm sent.

Offline catman529

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Run 'n Gunner
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 07:35:50 PM »
Tube call can sound good but I haven't got enough practice to be real good at it. Also haven't had the desire to use a gobble call in the woods yet b

Offline NYbassman

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 08:40:08 PM »

VA, mind sharing how I could go about getting one of these? I have owned several grounds goose calls, never  knew they made a gobble call. Tim and Hunter are both good dudes, and I have been thinking about a new gobble call anyways.

Thanks.

Offline Number17

• Pennsylvania 4E
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 09:29:55 PM »
I will take the Flextone Thunder Gobble at $12 over the Haint or the Hale Fire.
The Flextone gets the true cadence down without sounding "buzzy" like the other two do.
I'm going to use it and try to kill a bird with it exclusively this year. It really sounds that good.
#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

Offline BeardzNSpurz

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 10:25:07 PM »
Never heard of the Tim Grounds gobble call either. Looked on his website and couldn't find anything on it. Love the Haint but I would like to see/hear the Tim Grounds call also. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Offline VaTuRkStOmPeR

• Longbeard
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 01:16:02 PM »
Guys, I just talked with Tim.  His technological aptitude is very limited and the call isn't displayed online. Call him at the shop at 618 983 5649.

Btw, I have no formal association to the company nor personal gain from calls purchased. 

Offline BeardzNSpurz

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2013, 01:47:19 PM »
Do u know how much they are?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2