OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Best Sounding Gobbler Call  (Read 10822 times)

Offline VaTuRkStOmPeR

• Longbeard
Best Sounding Gobbler Call
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2013, 02:27:35 PM »
I know what the price was at Hunt For a Cure but I'm not sure if that was discounted for guides or not..

I don't want to misspeak on tim's behalf, but they were very, very reasonable.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 02:35:36 PM by VaTuRkStOmPeR »

Offline OldMarine

Re: Best Sounding Gobbler Call
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2013, 12:12:34 AM »
The old snuff cans produce the best gobbles,been using them  40 years plus and they work !
“Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn’t so.” – Ronald Reagan

Offline Terry

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2013, 05:44:43 AM »
It has taken some practice, but I am starting to get some good gobbles out of my new Haint. This call has potential.

Offline seb5315

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2013, 10:46:00 AM »
I received my Haint gobbler call on Friday, but am having some trouble getting a good consistent sound out of it.  I know it's going to take some practice, but any tips would be appreciated!

Offline redleg06

• Longbeard
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2013, 11:01:44 AM »
I like the Hale Fire call alright.  I duck hunt quite a bit and it's a lot like blowing a feeding call when you're working ducks.

Offline BeardzNSpurz

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2013, 11:38:24 AM »
Seb
Instead of trying to do a feeder call (ticka-ticka) on the haint you just want constantly flutter your tounge. Kind of like the machine gun noise you did when you were little. Start with your hands open then close them to get a good gobble sound.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Offline Terry

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2013, 11:40:48 AM »
Close them instantly after the initial burst of air

Offline deadbuck

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2013, 10:20:22 PM »
I bought my 13 year old son a hale fire first and it is awesome(when he blows it, not me) and after hearing all the rant about the haint I just bought him one of those too. The hale fire is much louder and has a better echo to it than the haint. Both calls he was an expert on as soon as he took them out of the package, I cant explain it. I am struggling with the hale fire after a year of practice, and I will not blow the haint in front of anybody. He has called 2 in at the end of the season last year with hale fire, and has called 2 to their death already this spring.

Offline TurkeyTom

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2013, 08:57:02 AM »
My hunting partner can make the Flextone Thunder Gobble sound great. I'm having all kinds of trouble getting it to sound decent and I'm a better duck caller than him.

I'd buy the Haint, but I'm cheap and won't spend the $$ to make it sound as bad as the Flextone!   :funnyturkey:

Offline captin_hook

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2013, 11:00:51 PM »
I can't run any type a mouth call to shake a stick at. My good friend and hunting partner sounds great on the Haint.

Offline jcour4

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2013, 06:51:36 PM »
I personally just use a diaphragm call to gobble, but I rarely ever use it in the woods unless its a last resort. Here is a clip.

Offline Dan Mallia

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2013, 04:47:27 PM »
Guys, I just talked with Tim.  His technological aptitude is very limited and the call isn't displayed online. Call him at the shop at 618 983 5649.

Btw, I have no formal association to the company nor personal gain from calls purchased.

I just got off the phone with Tim and placed an order for one of his gobble calls.  If I can eventually make half the sounds he was making with that call, it'll be a great investment.  :gobble: