Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lights Out Call & the College Kid salesman!!!!!

Started by TANK, February 07, 2011, 09:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TANK

I was reading the responses to the Bass Pro post, and someone was talking about a College Kid Salesmen. This is my story  about the college kid not knowing his products.........Last week I went to a local hunting & fishing store in Baton Rouge (Bowie Outfitters) to run some of the Lights Out Calls. This college kid comes over to wait on me. So, I ask for him to open the case so I could look at the yelpers. He does and hands me the one I asked for. I start yelping on the pots listening for that lonely Prom Queen sound..........Thats when he began his concert, he procedes to saw & crank on everything in the glass case. It sounded like a ruttin Hippopotamus choked on a New Years party whistle. Then he says "This one sounds better than them all". I was so aggravated ! My buddy was with me and he starts egging the guy on......finally I ask the guy "You turkey hunt much" & he says "No, I'm a duck hunter".............. and then begins humming the Duck Commander them song that is playing by the cash register on a DVD as he walks over to hit  replay. >:( I picked out a Mahogany pot, with a Aluminum over Glass surface. The call sounds great, but it wasn't "The best sounding one in the glass case"

Gobble!

Crutch

Reminds me of a place near Nashville that sold hunting and fishing stuff. The guy that learned me how to hunt and fish went in there to get some bear broadheads. The kind you have to sharpen and have little razors on the side. Mike, my mentor shot instincts with his bow and taught me.  Anyway he was looking at another bow and the guy told him to pick out his sights. Mike didn't want sights and the guy told him he couldn't kill a deer without sights. Mike told him he had killed 50 without sights.  Another time he told him he couldn't shoot thru the shoulder blade. Mike was a killing machine when it came to deer hunting with a bow and it cost the store a lot because of the owners arrogant son.  
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble: