turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

patterned the 870 this weekend

Started by jtharpe, March 07, 2011, 07:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtharpe

just put a sure shot stock and 21 inch turkey barrel on my 870.
did some shooting Friday afternoon and this is what I came up with.

40 yards with the hevi mag blends 3 inch
665 jelly head 148
665 indian creek 147

then I tried the hevi number 7s 3 inch 2oz
665 jelly head 216
665 IC 187

I really thought the IC would do better but this barrel seems to like the jelly head. They were both nice even patterns.

also my 20 gauge encore seemed to be jealous of the 12 and put up 196 with number 7 nitros and a .555 IC ;D

paladin

Outstanding numbers from to 20!!!
I am taking my 870 with new shurshot, new 18" barrel and new fastfire to the range today if weather permits.
"have gun-will travel"

Bork

I have a 3.5 sps super mag and a standard expess magnum.  I thought I needed the 3.5 to anchor that big bird but am finding that my 3" express mag posts a tighter pattern with 3" #5s than the 3.5 #5s and 2.75 #5s did even better.  So I took a coke can which is about the size of a turkeys head and set it out at 40 yards.  The 3.5 put 7 pellets in the can, the 3 put 15 in the can and the 2.75 put over 18 in it and really rocked the can more than the others.  Shooting a 20" barrel on the super mag, and and 18 on the express both with a Kicks 660 choke.  So I think the 2.75 is what I'll be shooting....what kind of results has anyone else come up with.  I don't want to have to buy the newer turkey chokes when I don't need to an am not going to go to the new synthetic non lead hevi shot ---at least don't want to but ya have to do what ya have to do.

KyScott

Nice numbers. I've had an original .665 JellyHead in my 870 Max Gobbler since the day I bought it. Never had a need to change to anything else. It's always shot everything pretty good.

Tsawyer340

gobblers roost

Sounds awesome

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk