OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: .665 Sumtoy Rem. 870 Win.#6 Xx lead  (Read 8520 times)

Offline lowoctane

• Longbeard
  • “When I die, then I’ll be old.”
Re: .665 Sumtoy Rem. 870 Win.#6 Xx lead
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 09:40:44 AM »
Funny thing is that some of the guys have gotten better numbers from the 5's.  May need to try one to see.  I had to do it to see for myself.
You from MO? Show Me State...
I’m Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 09:25:43 PM »
Funny thing is that some of the guys have gotten better numbers from the 5's.  May need to try one to see.  I had to do it to see for myself.
You from MO? Show Me State...

Yup I build the chokes and got to see it for myself some times. lol  :drool:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline learn2hide

• Check out www.hunterslink.com "The Break TV" on f
    • HuntersLink and The Break
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2013, 10:17:23 AM »
maybe I didn't read it all the way but if no one mentioned it yet make sure and clean your barrel really well before you pattern...warm weather is helpful but a clean bore is huge.  At a minimum if you're trying to max performance I'd say a solvent/oil applied, brushed, patched clean.  You can even swab the barrel a couple times between shots to improve consistency at the range.  Then give it another cleaning before you go hunt.  You can do a good job yourself and make a difference but don't be afraid to have a professional polish it for you under 100 bucks.  My thoughts, trying to help.  Get over a 100 hits every time in 10" at 40 yards and should be in business no matter what shell you shoot but I would think 3.5" 2 oz #6 should do that every single time.  Good luck getting it figured out and even better luck hunting!!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 10:26:05 AM by learn2hide »
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

Offline mozer67

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2013, 08:50:58 PM »
Thanks for the tip ! William also said a clean barrel is a must. I'm gonna do a good deep cleaning and go out again this weekend to check for consistency in the pattern and maybe up the totals on the pellet count. Good luck to you also this season !!