turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

TRUGLO STRUT STOPPER XTREME CHOKES

Started by tnjared, March 07, 2011, 12:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tnjared

after looking at tons of different chokes and taking all the advice you guys have gave me i ran across the truglo strut stopper and found it is 670 and was made for hevi shot and is priced right. so anybody shot this choke wit hevi shot mag blend thru the mossy 835???
fart in the woods and a deer will smell it and a turkey will see it

ILIKEHEVI-13

I haven't shot the mag blends but I did shoot the Hevi-13 #7's on a very cool day.  Maybe this will help.  This was the very first shot through the choke.  The next one was about mid 260's but overall I am impressed with this choke.

Crappiepro

Great question Tnjared, I recently got the same choke from a trade for an 870 ex-mag. The guy gave it to me with the gun. I was about to post and ask the same question. I was gonna trade the choke off but after seeing ILIKEHEVI's pattern I may keep it and see what it will do.  Good Luck, Brad

jdub2041

I have the same choke and with hevi 7's I got 251 in a 10 circle @40 yards. It's a great choke for the price

tnjared

i guess not many folks on here shoot the ssx
fart in the woods and a deer will smell it and a turkey will see it

surehuntsalot

Quote from: tnjared on March 08, 2011, 08:16:08 PM
i guess not many folks on here shoot the ssx

I would if I could fine one locally
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

archery1

clark has them on here. i got one last year. shoots great. i shot the win. 3" 6 shot through it.,.. didnt get hevi through it yet.
Take a kid hunting

VAHUNTER

if it turns your mild manner scattergun into a turkey killing machine it dont matter what the name on it says. if it works use it  :icon_thumright:
Good things come to those who wait

3.5inchpainfulldeath

I love my SSX choke....  Here's a good reason why!!!!

3" 870 Shell Shucker

I had 255 hits with a .643 SSX in an 870 with the 3-2-7 H13 shell.

S.C.C

They par right up there with the others in the # game,but the quality of the product is lacking some..IMO

:hello99:   BUY....  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

shootumindaface

I have not shot them in a 835 maybe this spring.. But they are in a Mossy 500 of ours and a H&R single shot.. My 20 gauges have fell in love with the 550 SSX as well and is a great performer with all three popular 20g loads Nitro, H 13 7s and HW 7s..

The SSX will shoot with the big names, but the .643 in the non mossy styles can be hit and miss.. But its no doubt a shooter when it works..