turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How Much Stuff to Carry????

Started by tomstopper, June 03, 2013, 07:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomstopper

Now that spring season is over (a depressing one for me b/c I didnt get as much time to hunt as last year), I cant wait til fall. This year I am going to focus more on fall birds than deer. That being said I am just wondering how much "turkey" stuff you folks carry with you in the fall?

wvcurlytop

The same thing that I carry in the spring generally.  I do change my camo from obsession to shadow branch by mossy oak. 
Spring gobbler season rules, but fall is generally really exciting, and it offers a wonderful opportunity to hear some turkey talk, plus I just love hunting turkeys, regardless of the time of year.  Each season offers its challenges, though different in many aspects, I love them just the same.

thundrchikin

I usually don't carry as many turkey calls in the fall. A few mouth calls and a glass call, but I make up for it in dog stuff. A extra bottle of water, collapsible dog bowl, lead strap and of course a blind. So all in all the weight I carry is about the same.

mspaci

will have a Merot trumpet, Lyman Aluminum, My slate pot, & a Terefenco Long box, a few diamphrams. Mike

Onpoint

willy8457

I carry Less calls and more Dog stuff. I carry a long box , and this year I will be carrying a Nail Call made by Doug Herman, I used in the spring an d called in lots of hens with it .  The way it Kee's Kee's in to soft yelps will be deadly in the fall.  I carry more dog stuff than anything, water, food, english lead, First aid kit, dog dish   It won't get here fast enough.

Ruger M77

same as in spring except here in pa you gotta wear orange in the fall
I eat therefore I hunt

trkehunr93

Everything I use in the spring, I use in the fall minus decoys.  They can be picky about answering certain calls just like a gobbler in the spring.  I also carry an old duck decoy bag that I use to cover my dog when we set up, plus food for him, extra water, food dish, etc.