OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: WV 2024  (Read 562 times)

Offline Tclipse01

WV 2024
« on: February 27, 2024, 07:03:08 PM »
Seen a few longbeards moving up into our mountain property a bit early this year, and a couple of gobbles at sunrise today. Usually the flocks near us stay down by the rivers and don't come up this high until the green starts to come in mid-March. They're moving through about 2-3 weeks early for us.

Offline Dhamilton1

Re: WV 2024
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2024, 08:19:49 AM »
Still no sightings or heard any gobbles in North Central WV (Harrison, Marion, or Monongalia) ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dwcim

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2024, 10:07:22 PM »
I live in the very southern part of WV. The Toms have been strutting on my property and my front yard since November. They roost in the trees in my back yard. 4 longbeards, 4 jakes and 18 hens are here everyday. I have watched them breeding in my front yard in mid December. They are very vocal both hens and Tom’s. 10 of the hens must be sitting as they come briefly in the afternoon to eat and drink and go back to downed trees where I assume the nests are. I like watching and listening to them communicate to each other.

Offline sswv

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2024, 03:04:48 PM »
mostly hunt northern Mercer/southern Raleigh counties in WV but a different story.  several gobbler sightings but not a lot of action yet. I also hunt Fayette sometimes and the turkeys working from the river up into the mountains in the spring as things green up is spot on like Tclipse01 stated. some years earlier than others though.

Offline Tclipse01

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2024, 10:52:16 PM »
Past week has been heating up in Hampshire/Hardy County, lots of strutting and gobbling in the bowl below our hunting shack.

Some buddies' kids had good luck with VA youth weekend, lots of contact with toms and didn't hear of many getting skunked.

One week go go...  :toothy9:

Offline Tclipse01

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2024, 08:45:43 PM »
Lots of gobbling on the WV opener, sealed the deal within 45 minutes after sunrise. Great hunt!

Offline eddie234

• Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2024, 06:26:38 PM »
Monday and Tuesday were good days in Marshall Co. Called in several Jake’s on Monday and shot a nice Tom on Tuesday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro