OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Drop away arrow rests  (Read 14969 times)

Offline jordanz7935

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Drop away arrow rests
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2013, 11:22:20 AM »
I switched from a WB to a QAD hdx rest a few years ago and havent looked back. Better groups and no more re-fletching all the time. Ive heard good things about the code red. From what i understand the only difference between the qad and the ripcord is the ripcord will drop on let down where the qad stays up.

Offline 870BkWht

• The Boss Gobbler
  • West Virginia
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2013, 08:57:32 PM »
I just purchased a QAD Ultra HDX about 2 months ago and after 6 years of shooting a G5 Expert II, the difference is astonishing.  Clean arrow flightI never shot a whisker biscuit, so I cant comment on that.  I will say that no matter what you shoot, arrow rests in general have come a long ways from the TM hunter 2 prong rests of the early 2000's, and the old plunger style rests. 

Offline M R Ducks

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2013, 10:52:56 AM »
Biscuit, hands down.  Simple, quiet, no moving parts.  Maybe not the rest I would select shooting for money, but for hunting, it's just the best.  My only issue with it is the need to refletch arrows after a while, but I will take that over moving parts, strings, and the slap of a rest on a riser shelf any day.

Ducks

Offline nickhrp

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Gobble gobble
Drop away arrow rests
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2014, 02:08:07 PM »
NAP apache you get all the pros of the drop away rest without the cost of the ripcords and ultra rest and it's easy to set up you can get them around 69$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
God Bless the Outdoors

Offline KS-Hoyt-Hunter

Drop away arrow rests
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2014, 08:30:21 PM »
I shoot the Hoyt Ultra Rest now. I switched from the QAD. It's the same rest, just with a different name. I used to shoot the Code Red. I switched from that because I didn't like that if I had to let down the rest would come down with it. The QAD stays up. Doesn't seem like a big deal until the arrow falls off and makes a noise and the animal runs off. Happened to me.
I like them more than the whisker biscuit. But you really can't go wrong with a WB. They do everything you need them to do. But you will get a little more speed and quiet with a drop a way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dan Mallia

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2014, 11:00:24 AM »
I've had nothing but good performance out of my ripcord rest.

Offline drenalinld

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2014, 12:54:08 PM »
Biscuit, hands down.  Simple, quiet, no moving parts.  Maybe not the rest I would select shooting for money, but for hunting, it's just the best.  My only issue with it is the need to refletch arrows after a while, but I will take that over moving parts, strings, and the slap of a rest on a riser shelf any day.

Ducks

If rest slaps riser it is not set up properly. I am anal about noise and QAD and code red are VERY quiet if set up correctly. They both have great customer service and are eager to help get setup correct to eliminate noise and clearance issues.

Offline Dan Mallia

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2015, 05:33:15 PM »
Ripcord Red on both my Heli-M's.  :funnyturkey:

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2015, 05:19:05 PM »
I also shoot a QAD pro rest. The answer is absolute, yes they are better. Look only to experienced archers n see how many shoot a biscuit. It ain't many. The QAD are full containment, you will get less feather wear, also if you ever see a biscuit with some miles on it you'll notice the rest is actually causing you to shoot lower and commonly to the side.

Offline KyTurkeyHunter473

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2015, 11:14:19 PM »
I switched to a Vaportrail Limb Driver Pro V this year and can honestly say it's hands down the best rest I've shot.  I was a little concerned at first about the cord going from the riser to the limb but it doesn't get in the way of anything.  I highly suggest it if you're looking for a drop away. 

Offline kyturkeyhunter4

• Longbeard
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2015, 07:40:23 PM »
In my opinion I would just stick with my whisker biscuit. I was on a wild boar hunt last year at ken moody place. I had a qad on my bow,when your hunting hogs with dogs seems like I drawed my bow twenty times. My point when we was in that thick brush a guess a limb got caught on my string on my qad and pulled it apart and cost me a hog on the hunt. I went back to the whisker biscuit there's nothing can get tore off of it and it's simple to set up.

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2015, 07:13:56 PM »
Hmmm that's a good point. The bisquit prob is more bullet proof

Offline mgm1955

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2015, 09:31:56 PM »
I have shot a Whisker Bisquit for years. Dependable, no moving parts, basically foolproof, and needing to re fletch has never been a problem shooting Blazer vanes.

Offline Onpoint

• Longbeard
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2015, 08:57:25 PM »
I use a Ripcord. I' used to shoot a biscuit and it had it's advantages but it also had it disadvantage. I shoot a lot and I shoot 4" feathers and that biscuit flat out chews feathers up. I tried a QAD ultra hunter after the biscuit and I had some issues with it so I wentback to the biscuit for a little while. I've had this ripcord for about 2.5 years now and never had a problem with it. I love it.
Switched to limbdriver pro v last year..amazing rest