Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Going crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by DMP, March 27, 2013, 06:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMP

:turkey2: :turkey2:  Going crazy man.  Youth day this Saturday.  Taking a 8 year old.  Took him last year and he got his first bird on his first turkey hunt.  Looking forward to a great hunt.  Hopefully everything works out and we get a good hunt on video. 

Come Monday it will be on...  A lot of long days ahead with little sleep...   :morning: :toothy9: :you_rock: :z-guntootsmiley: :TrainWreck1: :fud: :OGani: :drool: :turkey2:  Can't wait to get it on...

tomstopper

BowBendr

Go get 'em on that youth hunt.  :icon_thumright:

Supposed to rain Sunday, hope it won't be too windy for you on Monday, should be warmer though....that's all it's done for the past month is blow like a freight train everyday round here........

Gawhitaker

Good luck, i really enjoyed those days, mine is 15 now and doesn't need me guiding anymore, sure miss it. Need to find a young un to start taking

Duke0002

derek

Good luck to you Derek.  Can't wait myself.  Got out this morning for a little scouting.  I drew a public area in Delaware I knew nothing about, didn't even know if it held any turkeys at all.  This morning was a little on the cold side but a nice gobbling day so I decided to check it out.  First spot I checked didn't hear anything but did manage to really piss off a pair of barred owls.  Moved locations and finally had a bird gobble pretty close to me.  While listening to see what he would do I heard another bird getting after it a long ways off.  I was able to move again to figure out right where he was.  He just gobbled and gobbled and gobbled.  Would have had all the time in the world to get set up on him if I could have.  Hopefully he acts a fool like that 2 weeks and 2 days from now.  Also found some feathers and a roost tree with like 10 loads of gobbler crap under it as well.. Although I don't think the population on this area is booming, at least I know there's some turkeys there now. 
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

MDbowman

DMP - how did the youth day hunt go?

Got out and did a little scouting yesterday morning, sure was nice to get in the woods.

DMP

Took a 8 year old on youth day yesterday. He smoked is first one last year.

Got setup on a gobbling bird and it didn't take long and he was running right into our lap but, suddenly he spooked and ran off but two jakes stayed around but never gave our hunter a shot. He's sits in his dads lap and is shooting a .410 so getting everything lined up and getting the bird close enough without seeing the little guy squirm around is a task. The jakes never got in range for him and eventually feed off.

Youth day hunt part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtqnWJvi2hw

After sitting there for a little while and having deer all over us we started hearing a hen off in the distance so I started calling to her and she came relatively quick and with two jakes following behind that would finally give our hunter a shot.

Youth day hunt part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQzHHmpzK6k

Not the biggest bird in the woods but our little hunter loved every minute of it....

Reports I have been getting are that there were a bunch of youth day turkey's killed yesterday around here.  Hopefully Monday will be just as good.

derek

Awesome video.  Man did that first longbeard come in hard.   :drool:

Congrats to the young hunter!

How'd you do today?
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

Duke0002

Excellent bird and hunt.  Congrats to you all!