OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
DC Cattle Ranch

Author Topic: HOMEMADE PERMETHRIN TICK SPRAY NEED HELP  (Read 108346 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2020 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: HOMEMADE PERMETHRIN TICK SPRAY NEED HELP
« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2019, 01:13:05 PM »
Sorry to bump this thread up but I did not want to start a whole new one just to ask this question, is it safe to leave Martin's Permethrin in the barn over the Winter or will the cold temperatures hurt it in some way? Thanks.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline captpete

• 2020 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
  • Iowa.
« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2019, 05:23:43 AM »
If there is a chance it will freeze I would definitely take it inside.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2020 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #107 on: November 29, 2019, 06:07:47 AM »
If there is a chance it will freeze I would definitely take it inside.
Okay, I will grab it when I get home, barn is locked right now and I do not have the key.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline Pluffmud

• IG: @pluffmudder_
« Reply #108 on: March 11, 2020, 09:07:54 PM »
In the event that your clothes/skin get wet, such as it beginning to rain, will the permethrin absorb into your skin and cause any reactions?

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2020 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #109 on: March 30, 2020, 07:05:26 PM »
In the event that your clothes/skin get wet, such as it beginning to rain, will the permethrin absorb into your skin and cause any reactions?
I have sensitive skin and am a profuse sweater, I have no problems no matter how badly I sweat.

Offline Vintage

« Reply #110 on: April 25, 2020, 09:23:23 AM »
Picked mine up at Tractor Supply.

Offline DMTJAGER

« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2020, 02:26:18 PM »
Great thread. Go through at least 1 and half bottles every year. I have dedicated turkey cloths for my sons and I, and on the first two rain free days in April I spray down our outer layer of turkey camo and hats. Prior to heading out I spray 90% Deet DWO on my pants and shirts cuffs, gloves, hats and face masks, pants waist, and shirt bottoms and collars.

Last year while scouting new public land in west central IN on a walk while wearing non treated street cloths from my truck into some very thick brush and back to the truck, a total of less than 200 yards I spotted a tic on my arm. I then found no less than 11 more tics on me, and missed three more that ended up burrowing in and having to be removed once I was home.

While doing stand by at a public land area in my home state with 9 other hunters found out in the last three years four of them had contracted Lyme's disease, not the odds I like to hear.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 02:41:27 PM by DMTJAGER »