turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Todays patterns?

Started by noggin buster, March 27, 2013, 02:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noggin buster

Shot my mossy 535 with SSX and shot 203 at 40 yards!!! Best pattern to date. Shot a 2nd and was 160 , 3rd was 147. I didn't clean gun between shots. Could only 3 shots from a dirty barrel make that big a difference? Or was the first shot just a fluke? Shells were 3" mag blends

Xcal1ber

I would say that the first shot was not a fluke. It would make sense to me that your pattern got progressively a little worse, because your barrel got progressively dirtier. I say clean your barrel good again and shoot one more time, or just clean it good and patiently wait for opening day.
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

remmy1187

Absolutely, this is why I clean between every shot.   Every gun/barrel is different though, some are effected more than others.

BandedSpur

Quote from: remmy1187 on March 27, 2013, 09:11:29 PM
Absolutely, this is why I clean between every shot.   Every gun/barrel is different though, some are effected more than others.

Agreed. it affects some guns more than others. But I clean between every shot when doing serious pattern work.

ILIKEHEVI-13

I never clean my barrels in between shots and they will repeat patterns consistently.