turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What are you sitting on?

Started by MC, March 25, 2013, 08:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MC

What are you guys using as far as stools or chairs to sit on while bowhunting turkeys? I used the Waldrop Pac Seat a few times this past year while deer hunting on the ground and it seemed to work great. I have a buddy that has been hunting them with the bow several years though that swears by this little 3-leg folding stool that rotates 360 degrees. I think Hunter Specialties makes it.

He feels like the ability to rotate completely around is key. Curious what you other guys are using and what you like / don't like about it.

budtripp

Best I've found is a cheap folding camp chair from walmart. 10 times more comfortable than those stupid stools marketed toward hunters and less than half the price.

beardwacker

Dean Torges seat, nice and comfy.

headshot870

I'm using the Huntmore 360 chair. Built like a tank, super comfy, fully adjustable & swivels dead quiet. Yeah, it's expensive, but Iuse it for turkey, deer & pronghorn. For deer, I always hunt at ground level...don't own or want to own a tree stand...so I put my money under my butt! ;D

jblackburn

I have Primos blind chair.  I mostly like it.  If you sit up, it is very comfortable, but if you slouch, the chair leg that was between your legs ends up going up your . . . .  :funnyturkey:
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

MEbeardlover

A three gallon bucket, topped with a padded swivel cover from Cabelas. The bucket contained floor leveler, originally. It was white, so I roughed it up with some 60 grit paper and painted it with flat black, tan, and green camo paint. Cheap, comfortable, easy to carry, and good for storage too.

gobbler777

Whatever seat you get make sure it has a back on it. Youll be so much more comfortable.
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

nickhrp

The red head blackout chair is awesome pretty comfortable I been using one for a couple years  and it don't cost a kidney plus it's light and easy to pack around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
God Bless the Outdoors

Byhalia

~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/

KS-Hoyt-Hunter

Depends on if I'm hunting with a bow or shotgun. With a shotgun I love the cheap walmart ones.
I also use them some with a bow. Don't like them as much because of the arms. I've got a primos chair that works good with a bow. But it's not as comfortable to sit in as a bag chair from Walmart.
If I'm not sitting in a ground blind, i usually don't sit in a chair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

callemquacktn

Quote from: headshot870 on November 25, 2013, 08:40:46 PM
I'm using the Huntmore 360 chair. Built like a tank, super comfy, fully adjustable & swivels dead quiet. Yeah, it's expensive, but Iuse it for turkey, deer & pronghorn. For deer, I always hunt at ground level...don't own or want to own a tree stand...so I put my money under my butt! ;D
I used one of these  chairs a couple of weeks ago while bow hunting with Phillip Vanderpool in Kansas and have to say they are the most comfortable blind chair I have ever sit in.

Dan Mallia

WV TURKEY THUG

anyone try the turkey thugs one ive been thinking about getting one due to some problems ive been having lately. which yall probably dont want to hear about haha

Honolua

:agreed: :z-winnersmiley:
Quote from: gobbler777 on February 16, 2014, 01:38:04 PM
Whatever seat you get make sure it has a back on it. Youll be so much more comfortable.

cornfedkiller

The Primos/Double Bull QS3 Magnum.  Bigger than those smaller 3-legged stool, so they are much more comfortable, and it packs nicely.