OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Couple fans

Started by VanHelden Game Calls, December 22, 2012, 06:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VanHelden Game Calls

Here are the first and second fans I have done.  Used the meatless method and it worked great.

rutnstrut

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Dr^ke

What's the meatless method?

VanHelden Game Calls

Method where you strip each feather clean and reconstruct the fan using a plastic sheet and hot glue.  Start to finish in 45min. and no meat to rot. :happy0064:

I am planning a tutorial on it soon.  There use to be one on the net but the guy received some heat for it and the pictures were removed, its where I learned how to do it and luckily I could remember how it went.   

WNM

Looks good besides the fake leaves and antler..

VanHelden Game Calls

Well the leaves ON the antler are fake but the antler is 100% real.

The leaves on the plaque are real.

I actually prefer the fake leaves because they are more durable, vibrant colors and just look better then the stabilized real leaves. 

Mainer

Great work, very nice. I've done the completed scraping of the quills, but I've left the upper portion of small strand of skin to keep them together, I then cure them, and then encapsulation them in epoxy, some even use bondo, once they are sealed, nothing to worry about.

VanHelden Game Calls

Lots of ways to skin the cat. ;)  Some faster and cleaner then others :TooFunny:

tomstopper

They look great and are unique......

trkycaller

DirtNap647

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

ncturkey

Nice mounts. I use a meatless method but I do not have to remove any feathers. It takes a tad longer. I may try your method one day. But I have to leave the skin but remove all meat cause I do the fan and saddle feathers in my mounts.