OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: snake boot recommendations  (Read 15323 times)

Offline jtoliver43

• Conserve. Hunt. Share.
snake boot recommendations
« on: March 23, 2013, 05:00:01 PM »
I'm in the market for a new pair of snake boots this year. I've yet to find a perfect boot but what pair would you recommend and why? Thanks!
Conserve. Hunt. Share.

Offline Casey Johnson

Re: snake boot recommendations
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 05:18:41 PM »
I like the Muck Woody Armour snake boots. They work best for me, in the terrain that I hunt in. They are rubber boots and snake boots put together. However, if you don't encounter deeper water often, they might not be for you. They are a little heavier than most lace-up or slip-on leather snake boots. If you think lace-up or slip-on leather snake boots would be better for you, I would check out Rocky and Danner.
NWTF - Tennessee

Offline grayfox

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 12:36:14 PM »
I have these Cabela's.  They are light & waterprof.  They do require some breaking in but every pair of snake boots I've had were pretty stiff. They are also on sale now too.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-GORE-TEX-Cordura-Snake-Boots-Realtree-AP/1217224.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dsnake%2Bboots%26x%3D12%26y%3D9%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=snake+boots&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

Offline ElkTurkMan

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 09:07:34 PM »
I ahve the Danner Snake boots, and althouh they are a bit pricey, there the best I have ever worn.   There like wearing tennis shoes, and they are easy to get off.  I have worn Rocky snake boots, La Crosse, and others, and these are by far the best.

Offline hunter22

• In Memorial
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 10:27:18 PM »
I bought a pair of Danner's this year and just got back from a hunt in Mississippi where I waded swamps each day. My feet stayed dry plus the boots are very comfortable and gives you the protection up to your knee. I have worn LaCrosse and Rocky's before but will have Danner's from now on.

Offline alloutdoors

• Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 04:16:26 PM »
I just got a pair of the Lacrosse Mudlite snake boots and really like them so far. I've got Danner hiking boots that are great but prefer the pull on style of the Mudlites for turkey hunting.

Offline QuickDraw

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 08:39:36 AM »
I have a pair of Lacrosse, they've been one the most comfortable boots I ever owned. I hunted deer and turkey in them and lasted a long time. Bought them in 2006. They are starting to break down in the ankles. I think I've gotten a lot out of them. I will be buying another pair after this season.

Offline Zachariah1548

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 02:45:20 PM »
I have the lacrosse tie ups. I like them they also have a zipper all the way up the side so it is not very hard to get them on/off. They are pretty comfortable.

Offline mossyoakpro

• Longbeard
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 05:19:47 PM »
Another vote for Danner. Great boots!

Sent from my mobile beard and spur enhancing device

Phillippians 4:13

Offline Cut N Run

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • North Carolina
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 03:44:33 PM »
Danners are the real deal.  I had some Rockys with GoreTex liners that leaked after 3 hunts, just from walking through wet grass. I returned them and bought what I should have from the start.  Those Danners are comfortable as running shoes.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Offline Jasonb53

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2014, 05:10:32 PM »
I have been thinking about getting the Danners

Offline FL-Boss

• Longbeard
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2014, 06:49:51 PM »
I would advise NOT to get Rocky boots.  I have had 3 pairs of their snake boots in the last 2 years.
First pair - lasted one season, then one of the seams came apart.
second pair - I only wore about 5 times, started leaking from where the sole meets the boot
third pair - starting doing the same thing as the second pair about the 3rd time I wore them.
All the boots were Rocky snake boots, but different designs
They fit great.. but will leak. 

Offline FunkyTownHorn

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 11:44:46 PM »
I got a pair of Chippewas this year.  Loving them so far.

memert116

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2014, 11:54:57 PM »
I bought a pair of Danner Pronghorn snake boots for my Texas trip.  As mentioned, they are pricey but worth every penny!!  I had barely worn them in the house for 10 minutes before my trip.  I put them on in Texas and went hunting....they broke in VERY easily, were very comfortable and light.  We walked our butts off in super rocky, cactus filled, thorn filled nasty country in 96 degree heat and my feet were as comfortable as possible.  Probably the best part about the boots were that they really held up well against all the cactus and thorns.  I wore a pair of long polypropylene sock liners and either a Danner or Cabela's thin boot sock.  Feet stayed dry, cool and blister free.

I will have them on in S.C. this week too where it is cooler and wetter so I will find out more about them.  So far I am thrilled with them.... :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Offline ctwny1

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2015, 08:38:38 AM »
Another vote for Danner, great well made snake protection and very comfortable.