OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Create a real fan for your decoy!!

Started by VanHelden Game Calls, March 20, 2013, 08:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VanHelden Game Calls

I have attached a link to my blog that will walk you through the steps needed to make your own decoy fan.  Cheap and easy, all you need is 1/2hr, a turkey tail, and duct tape.  Its durable, weather resistant, repairable and best of all it rolls up to fit your pack :happy0064:

Enjoy
http://vanheldengamecalls.weebly.com/diy-projects--blog.html

Duke0002

VanHelden Game Calls

Yes super easy.  I have tried to design durable and packable fan holders with little luck  Then yesterday at work I saw duct tape, and I wonder? 

DUH!!  Sometimes we over think the simple. Of course there goes my patentable $ making gizmo that was going to change the world and make me rich, super rich :blob10:

Gawhitaker

Will definately work good, espically if you dont over do the duct tape, actually i used gorilla tape cause thats what i had on hand. Also the old addage if enough is good more is better does not apply. My fault, thanks for the info

VanHelden Game Calls

I have been using this method pretty heavy this year and its working well.  You WILL have to redo the fan periodically because rolling up in a pack and unrolling does mess with the feather positions. The turks haven't cared but I do. But a few minutes and some tape your back in business and can all be done at the truck. 

trkehunr93