OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Calling Contest - Eastern WV Panhandle  (Read 6009 times)

Offline lumberjack

Calling Contest - Eastern WV Panhandle
« on: March 19, 2013, 03:26:57 PM »
This second annual event in a fundraiser for the Potomac State College of WVU Outdoor Club, a group of young folks interested in a variety of outdoor activities!!  No admission fee, $10 Entry fee for competitors.  The prizes are mostly callers that have been donated to the club.  If anyone would like to donate to the cause please let me know.  Call (304)788-6986 for more info.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 10:23:02 AM by lumberjack »

Offline wvcurlytop

Re: Calling Contest - Eastern WV Panhandle
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 10:17:08 PM »
That's good that some colleges still encourage participation in some outdoor activities, especially hunting.  I wish you guys and girls the best of luck with the contest and hope you have a bunch of callers show up to strut their stuff.. 

Offline lumberjack

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 02:29:02 PM »
Less than two weeks away!!!! Anyone interested!!!!

This second annual event in a fundraiser for the Potomac State College of WVU Outdoor Club, a group of young folks interested in a variety of outdoor activities!!  No admission fee, $10 Entry fee for competitors.  The prizes are mostly callers that have been donated to the club.  If anyone would like to donate to the cause please let me know.  Call (304)788-6986 for more info.

Wingboneman

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 07:36:02 AM »
Can't see any time or dates  ???

Offline lumberjack

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 10:24:54 AM »
Sorry!!!! I moved some stuff around on photobucket and messed up the flyer on this thread!!!! It should be fixed now!!! :boon:

Wingboneman

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 09:19:07 AM »
can you pm me a address for the garmin? May be able to ride over.

Offline lumberjack

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 07:08:11 PM »
Thanks for the interest and the caller!!!! The address is Potomac State College, 101 Fort Ave., Keyser, WV 26726.

Offline WV Ridge Reaper

• Longbeard
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 11:59:05 PM »
I may ride down and see what it is all about,since I am only 40 mins away.Never been to a calling contest don't want to enter and look like a dummy!!

Offline lumberjack

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 05:52:02 PM »
Come on down, we would be glad to have ya!!!!!  You won't look any worse than I will!!!!!!

Offline wvcurlytop

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 08:41:02 PM »
Lumberjack, I wanted to let you know I really enjoyed the contest.  Wish there would have been more callers, but the ones that were there were really good.  It was nice talking with you and I enjoyed helping you guys and girls out with judging.  Anytime..  To those that live close enough to PSC campus, you missed a nice event that helped support a wonderful group of college student's outdoor club.  I encourage everyone who didn't come this year to try to come next year, as we all had fun..

Maybe next year you can get it sanctioned by starting up a NWTF charter on campus and get a celeb or two to show up for those young adults in the outdoor club to meet and talk with..  That would be nice for all of us too.  You've got a great bunch of young adults in your outdoor club, and I think you do a really nice job with them.  It's also refreshing to see adults such as you and your wife take time out of your busy work schedules to help encourage our youth of today in something I dearly love, turkey calling and hunting.  Good luck this season and stay in touch, Curlytop..