OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Thug 3" 5's and sumtoy .660

Started by Onpoint, March 16, 2013, 05:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onpoint

Well I been shootin the HV 3" 5's and decided to give the Thugs a try. First shot I got 105 in the 10 at 40.

40 yards

30 yards

20 yards

I think I'm gonna go back n build up a stock pile of these. I shot em through my wife's 870 with 665 jh and got 95. I might try a box of 6's too.

Onpoint

I was just lookin at the pics and it looks like I didn't mark a couple holes, so it was really more like 107-108. That'd be my best all time lead #5 pattern.

mossyoakpro

Lookin good!

Are those the shells they sale a Wally World?

Sent from my mobile beard and spur enhancing device

Phillippians 4:13

Onpoint

chatterbox

Looks good, Justin! :icon_thumright:
That should put a hurtin'on ol' Tom this spring!

Onpoint

I was gonna try some of the Turkey Thug 6's, but in lead I always liked 5's. I tried some of the HV 6's and the XX 3-2-6's and the HV 5's and xx 3-2-5's both put up better numbers than the 6's so I went with the 5's. It's not the most impressive pattern but I doubt any bird within 40 yards will be able to tell the difference between that and a $6 shell.

lowoctane

Quote from: 19onpoint85 on March 16, 2013, 11:38:37 PM
I was gonna try some of the Turkey Thug 6's, but in lead I always liked 5's. I tried some of the HV 6's and the XX 3-2-6's and the HV 5's and xx 3-2-5's both put up better numbers than the 6's so I went with the 5's. It's not the most impressive pattern but I doubt any bird within 40 yards will be able to tell the difference between that and a $6 shell.
Well I'm telling the birds what yer shooting... :goofball:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

tomstopper

Those are some nice patterns. I am going to shoot them out of my stoeger 3500 tomorrow. Hope mine look that good.

gophert

I'm telling you what, everything I am seeing about these Federal Lead loads are smokin!!!  You may want to go get a few boxes cause next year Federal will probably change the wad to make a little more profit and they will shoot like crap!  That is a great setup!

captin_hook

chatterbox

Quote from: lowoctane on March 30, 2013, 08:57:19 AM
Quote from: lowoctane on March 19, 2013, 09:44:23 AM
Quote from: 19onpoint85 on March 16, 2013, 11:38:37 PM
Well I'm telling the birds what yer shooting... :goofball:

Me too.......  :funnyturkey:
You guys are just mean......... ;D