OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: This is why I shoot Indian Creek and TSS  (Read 24077 times)

Offline gophert

• Longbeard
  • Middle TN
Re: This is why I shoot Indian Creek and TSS
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2013, 03:05:57 PM »
Great patterns Tim.

Have you ever patterned any of the Trulock or Carlson chokes?  I've got a full and turkey in Trulock and Turkey in the Carlson.  I bought both of them for a use on here, but I've always run the Remington Super Full on my builds and stopped there.

To the poster asking about Pure Gold chokes.  Not sure if it correlates to 20ga, but we got great TSS results in our 12's from Pure Gold and Indian Creek chokes.

I have not used Trulock or Carlson's, but have seen some crazy good TSS patterns with Carlson chokes.  I bought a used Hastings .566 to try this summer after season just for kicks.  I spend more money on stuff that doesn't do anything for me except feed a pattern obsession!

Offline Sand Man

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 04:42:56 PM »
10-4

I spend more money on stuff that doesn't do anything for me except feed a pattern obsession!

We sound a lot of alike.  I bought the Trulocks and Carlson when I saw them posted here.  I've taken them with me to pattern, but everytime I squeeze a round off thru the Remington Super Full I stop and call it good.  I mean...........how dead is dead?   ;D

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

Offline wbralo

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 10:09:35 PM »
Sandman, yes I was talking about the 20 gauge.. I have a PG 570 and have been searching for some RSF chokes. I called grabagun and ordered 2 RSF chokes and they told me they had them in stock so I ordered them. I got an email today stating they didnt have any, and it will be a few weeks before they get some. May look at ordering an IC or SumToy.

Offline Jtrimm

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2013, 09:10:02 PM »
what is TSS

Tungsten Super Shot.  It's much denser than hevi shot and therefore gives a better down range pattern (and up close) and hits harder.  This allows you to shoot smaller pellets with the same smack power as a larger pellet, but get so many more in the kill zone.  The patterns speak for themselves.  It is not sold by shell manufacturers and must be handloaded.

Where can you purchase TSS #9 shot ? Any info would be great. Thanks

Offline Tom Foolery

• Longbeard
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2013, 07:35:55 PM »
Ebay has a few Rem Super Full chokes

Offline QuackSmack87

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2018, 09:03:27 PM »
Where can a fellow find a IC .562 for a Franchi Affinity?

Offline kwild835

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2018, 12:34:55 AM »
Call Indian Creek direct for the .562.  I highly recommend it!

Offline QuackSmack87

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2018, 08:06:48 AM »
Ok thanks!