OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Moss835+Stardot+TurkeyThug+30yds=

Started by Philippe, March 15, 2013, 03:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philippe

Stopped in wally world and grabbed a box of the 3 inch #6 Turkey Thugs just to see what all the fuss was about and stopped at the range. Only had a bit of time so i took a left over shoot and see 12 inch rifle target and sat on the 30yd line and touched it off.

Philippe

It posted the pic sideways, the upper left where the writing is the upper left hand corner if the picture was posiioned correctly.

devin4484

Cant wait for warmer weather here to test mine out with the same setup

Philippe

Devin, It was about 65 out when i shot that thismorning, also you can see that i pulled upand off the target a tad, i have no rear sight on the gun right now lol. I do have to say, for a 3 inch shell these things recoil more than the winchester supreme 3-2-6's i tested a few weeks ago. I suspect that is from the dramatic powder change they made from the blue box shells and using a slower burning powder. I'll stretch'em out to 40 when i test shells again.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Philippe

Will do, I plan on going back out to try a few shots at 40 sometime this week despite the weather.

devin4484

I seen Goldhunter said the same thing about them having alot of recoil for a 3" shell.  I almost bought 3 more boxes of them tonight.  I wanna shoot them 1st before I buy any more though

Philippe

Quote from: devin4484 on March 15, 2013, 10:24:38 PM
I seen Goldhunter said the same thing about them having alot of recoil for a 3" shell.  I almost bought 3 more boxes of them tonight.  I wanna shoot them 1st before I buy any more though

They honestly have the recoil of some 3.5's i've shot. I just have a feeling they are gonna fall off at 40 though. That 30 shot didnt really impress much, but then again i am use to shooting HTL. But for the money and that pattern i'll shoot'em over expensive HTL's any day.