turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

hevi shot mag blend

Started by headpopper, March 06, 2011, 03:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

headpopper

was wondering what every one that has shot new hevi shot mag blend thought of them thinking of changing to them hav 870 3 1/2 with a jellyhead choke in case any one shootin the same set up

magicman

I like them. I shoot them out of a 835 with an Indian Creek .675 choke. I got good numbers on paper and they did the job in the woods.

buck_hunter21

Shoot the same gun and choke combo. Mag Blends put up good patterns, but I would recommend the Hevi 7's.
Spill Blood

grousec

I bought a Mossy 935 second week of season last year.  Bought mag-blend when i got the gun, couldn't find a choke local, so I ordered an IC, but shot my two long beards before the choke made it in.  Mag-Blend and factory choke.  I did what one ought to never do (took the gun to the field after a quick cleaning) without patterning the gun.  But the factory choke and mag-blends were dead on!                                                                                                                             Well I've had my IC choke for a long time now, still have partcial box, plus a new full box of mag-blend's and some Hevi #7's.  I do plan to pattern my gun before season this year, and I think I will still like the mag-blend's but just maybe the Hevi 7"s even more. lol :anim_25:

mossy835

IMHO I like the mag blend 3 inch in my 835. First year after turkey and one down one shot. Pattern is good and they hit hard.

1iagobblergetter

I tried them in my 870 SM.Used a .660Jellyhead and a .665Jellyhead with the .660 performing the best.I had even better results with the .660 and the H-13 #7s. I straight out like the H-13#7s in about all but one of my turkey guns and that gun likes the Fed hvy #7s.