OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best choke for the 835 and mag blend

Started by tnjared, March 06, 2011, 11:54:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tnjared

ok after some you guys response on the factory choke im tossing it! so guys lets see 10" circles at 40 yds wit your chokes of choice. please put what constriction it is too. im leaning toward the hevi shot chokes right now but havent seen any patterns out it yet or its constriction. little help guys i want the  best choke for the money
fart in the woods and a deer will smell it and a turkey will see it

BigHooks

I shoot a 870 but what I've read on here the hevi chokes aren't that good,I'm sure the guy's here will help you out that shoots 835's there's some great bunch of guy's an info here.

Gobble!

from a 835 get yourself a puregold .670

knightrider

i have been getting high 180 to 218 with the cheap 690 tightwad out of my 835 turkey tactical with the 20in barrel and the 2oz mag blends and the 1.5/8 #6 hevis, i did polish my barrel by shawns instructions and it did make a big improvement :z-guntootsmiley:

magicman

I shoot mag blends out of my 835 with a Indian Creek .675 constriction. I can't remember my exact numbers, but they were above 200. I'm thinking they were in the 230's. This is with a 24" barrel.

bowhunter32

MB 935 with an ed of .670 great load choke combo..cant go wrong..mossbergs consistently put up great #'s with hevi 13's with that ed choke..me personally i use ssx but PG is good 2! :z-guntootsmiley:

tnjared

what about the kicks 675 choke anybody shot the mag blend thru it??
fart in the woods and a deer will smell it and a turkey will see it

VAHUNTER

835 24"barrel with a PG .670
#7's

M B

#6's
Good things come to those who wait