OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

This is my Father's World

Started by flintlock, March 06, 2011, 11:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flintlock

I didn't go to church this am.  I felt like I was to stay home and have my own church, so I did.  In the middle of it I got out the old hymnal and was shown this song "This is my Father's world" which I used to sing as a child in a little country church in Ky) and I thought I'd share it:

This is my Father's world, and to my list'ning ears, All nature sings, and round me rings The music of the spheres.   

This is my Father's world, I rest me in the thought, Of rocks and trees, of skies and seas; His hand the wonders wrought.   

This is my Father's world, The birds their carols raise; The morning light, the lily white Declare their Maker's praise.   

This is my Father's world, He shines in all that's fair; In the rustling grass I hear him pass, He speaks to me everywhere. 

This is my Father's world, O let me ne'er forget, That though the wrong seems oft so strong, God is the Ruler yet. 

This is my Father's world, The battle is not done; Jesus who died shall be satisfied, and Earth and heaven be one.   

I hope you have an outstanding sunday and a great week.   :you_rock:
Wess
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

Muskie03

Great little hymn Wess. Thanks for sharing.
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

redarrow

I remember singing that one at Wayne Free Methodist manu years ago. I always enjoyed B I B L E  that's the book for me as well.

turkey slayer

I haven't sang that song in years!!! thanks for posting it!

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)