OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Cluck, yelp, purr, Gobble!

Started by CASH, February 07, 2011, 07:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CASH

The president of my hunting club has started raising Bourbon Red turkeys.  I shot this video the other day just to show how much they gobbled.  Granted, they're not wild turkeys, but it still got the blood pumping.  These jokers gobbled at EVERYTHING.  I could have farted and they would have gobbled.   :lol: 

Most of the idiotic noise and talking you hear is me.  I was just doing stuff to make them gobble.

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

turkeybow

That's funny.  Gotta love them pen birds!  A buddy of mine was chasing one last season  :TooFunny:  When I got there to hunt he was telling me and another buddy of this bird that had a different gobble than the others he had been hearing.  He named the bird thunderstruck.  We made our loop around the property and at the tail end a bird sounded off.  His eyes lit up and he said it's THUNDERSTRUCK!!  We joked a bit and finally got serious to work the bird.  After moving I noticed the bird had gobbled a good bit but never moved.  I was starting to get the idea of a penned bird but I didn't want to conclude that just yet.  He was still a good ways off and across the road when we got to the truck so we decided to ride a bit.  We stopped once we got to the road.  I heard him gobble and knew it wasn't no ordinary gobble.  I started giving my buddy heck for it and he didn't want to take it.  I looked over at my other buddy and said hit the horn and the bird sounded off again.  We rode around to see the bird and messed with that bird for 15min making a joke of it  :TooFunny:
"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
~ Aldo Leopold

pittboss

Hmmmmmmmmmm bourbon and turkeys............. I like that combo. Actually I ate one of them at the sil's last year s Thanksgiving and it was really good :you_rock:

pittboss
Gobble Gobble Boom !!!!!

turkey slayer

Quote from: pittboss on February 07, 2011, 07:49:12 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm bourbon and turkeys............. I like that combo. Actually I ate one of them at the sil's last year s Thanksgiving and it was really good :you_rock:

pittboss
:TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Great video!

Crutch

Last year I was at a buddies shop working on a vehicle and had killed one that morning. I start imagining I'm hearing a gobble now and then. Finally I stop and listen and faintly hear one but can't tell where it is coming from I am franticly looking for something to call with and if he starts in, I'm calling hunting buddy Yellow Acorns to come and shoot him in the face.  Well, I can't find anything around the shop to make a wing bone type yelper or a slate so I go sneaking around looking for where the sound is coming from.  Across the road is this big white tom in a fence, stutting back and forth.  The guy that lives next door to is said everytime he goes out in the yard to work that dude starts spitting and drumming.
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

oatsj

Hay C.A.S.H. Have you tried the new fartlocattor call ? :happy0064: :happy0064:

CASH

Quote from: oatsj on February 07, 2011, 08:25:46 PM
Hay C.A.S.H. Have you tried the new fartlocattor call ? :happy0064: :happy0064:
:TooFunny: No, but Hardcore did last year.  He'll have to tell you the story sometime.  VERY funny.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

3.5inchpainfulldeath