OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Mossy 500 with Fed HW #7 (opinions Please)

Started by Woodsman4God, March 09, 2013, 01:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodsman4God

I know some of you have already checked this one out, Could I get some opinions or suggestions, I have thought of tweaking where the pattern hits a little bit.

The circle is 9 3/4 of an inch instead of 10 so I counted a few fringe ones, might be a few more if it was a 10 inch cirlce

noggin buster

What choke are you using?  That will kill but you could prob do better with some adjusments.

Woodsman4God

noggin buster

if thats a 20g pattern at 40 yards, thats a great pattern :z-guntootsmiley:

BandedSpur

Pattern numbers are good, but it is a bit gappy. You can likely do better if you can/want to spend the money. Take a look at "Shooting Session 2" by MossyoakPro and the eveness of the SSX pattern with that shell. No guarantees it will shoot like that in your gun, only one way to find out. Sumtoy can build you a good one as well. Not knocking PG; they make some terrific chokes, but apparently yours in your gun is not crazy about that shell.

Woodsman4God

Quote from: noggin buster on March 11, 2013, 02:12:38 PM
if thats a 20g pattern at 40 yards, thats a great pattern :z-guntootsmiley:

Yes that is a 20ga @ 40 yds

ryanva88

At 40 yards the numbers are good, but there are a few gaps.  maybe just bring in your effective range 10 yards or so. When I shot 20 gauge last year I kept it at 30 yards. helped my patterns in numbers, evenness, and my confidence.