turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Rob Roberts

Started by Shotgun Dave, March 05, 2011, 11:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shotgun Dave

I met Rob Roberts at the convention in Nashville .  Seems to know his stuff about shotguns and a great website . Just wondering if any of the guys on the forum have used him and what they thought of the barrel work ?
All things work together for good !!!

Gobblerdn1

Yes he worked on my gun the week after the convention. He does great work and stands behind it. I could not be happier with my guns performance.

otis

hatchie

Did you buy a choke from him? I had him lengthened the forcing cone on my encore last year. I had him shoot mine with my choke (.660) and with his choke. They wasn't $65 difference in the patterns to me. My buddy had his cone lengthened as well. He is very unhappy with his gun. Me personally didn't see any gains by lengthening it, if anything it made it worse. My wife's encore with the same barrel without any mods shoots allot better pattern then ours. Has anybody ever seen lengthening a cone make it worse?

VAHUNTER

. Has anybody ever seen lengthening a cone make it worse?

yes i have seen this happen. i was into match shooting for a few years. i have seen money winning barrels ruined by lengthening
Good things come to those who wait

str8shooter

Absolutely one of the most reputable names in the business.  He's been doing all of my custom shotgun work (force cones, porting, trigger work, custom fittted chokes, pattern testing, etc.) for years, and the work and service are nothing short of spectacular.  This guy was building turkey chokes long before most of the guys in the business now.  Rob's company does all of the Benelli Custom Shop turkey guns.  If you were to buy a turkey model from Benelli's custom shop, it would be a Rob Roberts gun top to bottom.