OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

need info 835 and hevi mag blend

Started by tnjared, March 05, 2011, 11:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tnjared

Hey guys this my first post but have read post on here for awhile. This will be about the third forum i have ask for help and got nothing. ok i have a 835 wit 24" barrel and ultra full turkey stock choke. i have been shooting 3.5 winchester xtended range number 6 for years and i get pretty good shot count at 40yds. i have now decide to switch to hevi mag blend. my question is how many of you guys have shot that combo and what should i expect in numbers of shot ay 40 in 10" circle? any and all info will be much appreciated!!!
fart in the woods and a deer will smell it and a turkey will see it

ground control

my buddy has an 835 with a 20" barrel and an indian creek choke tube. he's shooting 3.5" magblends and gets 196-214 in a 10" circle at 40yds. i don't know about your set up, with the longer barrel and stock tube but i would guess it should be in the 180 range. just a guess, hope this helps.  :anim_25:
"Ground Control to Major Tom: Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong. Can you hear me Major Tom?"

knightrider

ive never been a big fan of the stock choke, i shot the 2oz magblend with the 690 tightwad choke today and got 218 in the 10 and 360 in the 20 at 40 yards out of my 835 with 20in barrel

VAHUNTER

i tried MB out of my 835 with a .670 PG and was getting 235 at 40.
i have shot the old Rem. heavy loads through my Ultra full than came with my 835. but it is stamped "lead only" 
Good things come to those who wait

chatterbox

Quote from: VAHUNTER on March 06, 2011, 06:47:13 AM
i have shot the old Rem. heavy loads through my Ultra full than came with my 835. but it is stamped "lead only" 
Shawn's right. Get a choke that is rated for hevishot before you shoot hevi out of your gun. I have seen great numbers from the 835's and a PG .670. That would be my starting point with that gun. :anim_25:

tnjared

i thought i had heard that hevi shot say that they were safe to shoot thru any choke?
fart in the woods and a deer will smell it and a turkey will see it

VAHUNTER

Quote from: tnjared on March 06, 2011, 10:49:36 AM
i thought i had heard that hevi shot say that they were safe to shoot thru any choke?
No. the choke has got to be approved for Hevi 
Good things come to those who wait

surehuntsalot

Quote from: VAHUNTER on March 06, 2011, 06:47:13 AM

don't matter,  I have shot the old Remington hevishot out of one of my factory x full chokes(.695) that came with my 835 for 10 years
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

mossy835

Quote from: tnjared on March 06, 2011, 10:49:36 AM
That might have been for the Old Classic doubles line that will shoot out of the older guns as it is softer than lead and you can use any choke with that specific product. It makes a great pheasant load by the way.
The H13 and turkey loads from EM are a different matter both for chokes and older non steel rated shotguns, where you need a Hm or steel rated gun and choke.