OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sp-10

Started by jerf, January 11, 2013, 08:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerf

Buddy and i went to a lgs today and i found a sweet deal on mossy cammoed sp-10 for 750.00 and just had to have it. Probly in 96% condition at worst.Orderd a .690 ic choke tube and 25 h-210 nitros in straight #7 Shot. Same buddy and i went to another lgs a month ago and he got a sweet deal on a sp-10 matte black and nice wood plus 2 barrels and 3 choke tubes for 850.00 . Probly 98 % condition. :happy0064:

runngun

Awesome!!! Get it ready to hammer some turkey birds!!!!

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Old Gobbler

That sounds like a good deal -  :icon_thumright:
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Gamblinman

Sounds like some heads are gonna roll.

Good deals on them SP-10's.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

gobbler74

Just in case you wanted another option. Hard to come by in good shape.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=325652602
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

budtripp

^^^That is a beautiful shotgun  :fud:, wish I had a spare grand lol

gobbler74

You and me both. One because its discontinued gun. Rem is done with 10's. Second because of the paint. The old bottom land is sexy when in great shape. Of course the film is back and you can get anything dipped in it again.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Old Gobbler

Remington was asking $1200 for those sp10s back in the early 1990's  , When Browning came out with their 10 gauge for $1000 Retail , Remington dropped the price to match - 

My sp 10 when I purchased it in 1994 was the identical model to that one listed by Jim { 23" MossyOak } It was at a sporting goods store that was going out of business , get this....I paid $500 brand new for it - I wasn't really looking to buy one cause they were always so expensive -they had some 1187's in MO greanleaf for the $300 range - opportunity knocked - Its heavy , but it rocks out some serious firepower

If I were to point out the 10 gauges strong points , the one I would say the ease in the way it will shoot just about any shell excellent - You can buy about any 10 gauge turkey shell and run it through just about any of the aftermarket choke , and that gun { as long as it shoots straight } will make turkeys take the dirt nap at 40 all day long , If a  turkey hunter does a little more work and research , they can be toting around in the woods with them a turkey gun with a heck of a fudge factor ...

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

SKFOOTER

Quote from: Old Gobbler on January 16, 2013, 03:20:17 PM
Remington was asking $1200 for those sp10s back in the early 1990's  , When Browning came out with their 10 gauge for $1000 Retail , Remington dropped the price to match - 

My sp 10 when I purchased it in 1994 was the identical model to that one listed by Jim { 23" MossyOak } It was at a sporting goods store that was going out of business , get this....I paid $500 brand new for it - I wasn't really looking to buy one cause they were always so expensive -they had some 1187's in MO greanleaf for the $300 range - opportunity knocked - Its heavy , but it rocks out some serious firepower

If I were to point out the 10 gauges strong points , the one I would say the ease in the way it will shoot just about any shell excellent - You can buy about any 10 gauge turkey shell and run it through just about any of the aftermarket choke , and that gun { as long as it shoots straight } will make turkeys take the dirt nap at 40 all day long , If a  turkey hunter does a little more work and research , they can be toting around in the woods with them a turkey gun with a heck of a fudge factor ...

You just had to mention the 1187 Greenleafs didn't ya??   You have got to locate one for me before I drive myself crazy!!! :drool:

Rockhound

I seen that exact old school gun in a local shop for 800 a few days ago

jerf

Well, I traded my full mossy camoed sp 10 to my buddie for his sp 10 wood stocks plus cammo thumhole stock and fore end, and 2 barrels, 1, 22in. witch is on the gun and ready to go plus the 26, in vent rib . cant wait for the weather to break and shoot have a indiancreek .690 and some nitro #7 shot waiting to go. Also waiting on my aimtech scope mount from natchez.