turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

choke tube for Benelli Nova 20 gauge

Started by ahfox16, February 28, 2013, 08:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahfox16

Have one inbound with 26" barrel.  Was thinking about the Pure Gold .555, but was wondering whether I should go with the non-ported .555 so I could also shoot the Federal Heavyweight size 7 shells with the flite control wads.   Any ideas would be greatly appreciated for sure. 

Crockrj

I just got my Sumtoy .562 from William (I have a Nova 20 w/ 26" barrel) and I'm patterning this weekend. I'll let you know how it does with Fed HW #7.
I'm also going to pattern a JH .570 with H-13 #7

rcpigg65

Try primos tight wad , 20 dollar choke at wal mart . Bought one just to have extra choke and it wound up being the choke that  performed the best with Hevi 6, hevi 7 and Fed 7 . Also good to around 35 yds with Winchester lead 5's

Balla1982

Indian Creek .665 Winchester supreme #6 (Walmart) 121 @ 40 yards. I plan on trying some new loads and possibly a pattern master this year just to see if I can get better.
I've shot the heavy shot and my wads were going high.

ahfox16

Did you mean. 565 on the diameter or are you speaking about a 12 gauge choke?

Balla1982

I was just giving you my past experience with them even though mines a 12.  There are a group from around my area that patterned the Indian Creeks and the results were awesome but they are around $70.

perrytrails

Indian Creek .555 on sale at midway
$60

turkey_slayer

ahfox16

Indian Creek it is.  Ordered one this evening from Midway.  Hard to beat that price although their shipping rates are HIGH.

Crockrj

I finally had time to  patterned my Nova this afternoon. Sorry if I was a little too late.
Nova 20
Lasered 40 yards
Sumtoy .562
FHW #7's
183 in 10" circle
Burris FFIII 8 moa
Weather: 62 degrees/ Breezy-Shooting into North Wind
Even though you got the IC I hope this info helps.

perrytrails

That's a great pattern!! Nice!!

Hope mine patterns as well!

DBRANNON

Quote from: Crockrj on February 28, 2013, 10:19:24 PM
I just got my Sumtoy .562 from William (I have a Nova 20 w/ 26" barrel) and I'm patterning this weekend. I'll let you know how it does with Fed HW #7.
I'm also going to pattern a JH .570 with H-13 #7

I was wondering how the Jellyhead shot with the H13 7s? I'm trying to find a choke for my Nova 20 gauge. I have it narrowed down to a Sumtoy, Indian Creek, Pure Gold, or Jellyhead.
Patience, grasshopper.

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!