turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

some funky colors

Started by derek, February 28, 2013, 06:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derek

Was looking around today and came across a couple good sized flocks of birds.  Most were mixed but did see one flock of just adult toms.  No strutting yet but they were starting to get ansy some and push eachother around. 

And then I saw a white one!

Some different colorations in this flock

Check out his tail

Who's the boss!

Pretty girl

And the white one by herself

Defintely some neat colorations in that flock, think its just in the genes or maybe some domestic influence?  Unfortunately not on public land. 
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

BowBendr

Lot of variation in those colors. Really beautiful pics, super cool  :icon_thumright:

MDbowman

didn't see a multi-beard in the bunch, let em go!!

Duke0002

Awesome pics!  Thanks for posting them.

DMP

The hen has a smoke phase coloration. 

Here is one I saw in the Mts of Tennessee this past fall.

DMP

This came from the NWTF....

Feathers:
•Males: Gobblers have iridescent red, green, copper, bronze and gold feathers. They use these bright colors to great advantage when attracting females during breeding season.
•Females: Hens have drab, usually brown or gray feathers. They make great camouflage and hide hens when they sit on their nests.
•Color Phases: A few wild turkeys grow unusually colored feathers. These are known as color phases. There are four color phases, a smokey gray color phase, a melanistic color phase (all black), an erythritic color phase (reddish coloration) and an albino color phase (very rare

misfire

Awesome photos. I know a guy in TN that filmed a flock eyars ago that had three white colored birds in it, 2 hens and a jake
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

tomstopper

Great pics. I like the white one. Cool...