OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gobble?

Started by guesswho, February 27, 2013, 07:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

If your calling to a gobbler with turkey calls, not locator calls, what is he telling you if he gobbles?    Is a double gobble twice as good?   I'm probably taking a couple youth's next weekend and I'm sure they'll be asking questions like that and I need to know what to tell them.   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Spring_Woods

It's hard to say if its twice as good as its impossible to place a numerical value on good-ness. :D

If a youth asked me, I'd probably say it's definitely a good sign and I would advise they sit still, get their gun up and get ready to rock!
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

cahaba

I would say more times than not he's saying hey come over here and let's get acquainted. If he double gobbles more times than not he's saying hey girl hurry over here and let's get acquainted.
Not sure if double gobbles is twice as good but Mr. Gobbler is definitely getting googly eyed over the hen. (the caller)

Swamp Hunter

It means he is cranked up or it could mean he is young and stupid (2 year old). Double gobbles are better than single gobbles if you like to hear gobbles, like I do. I don't think that a double gobble means the turkey is twice as likely to come to your call though. I have seen no correlation so I don't think he is more likely to come to your call if he is double or even triple gobbling.

Good luck with the kids. Thank you for taking the time to introduce them to our sport. They will remember it forever and a double or triple gobble will only add to the memory.

captin_hook

Quote from: cahaba on February 27, 2013, 08:01:42 PM
I would say more times than not he's saying hey come over here and let's get acquainted. If he double gobbles more times than not he's saying hey girl hurry over here and let's get acquainted.
Not sure if double gobbles is twice as good but Mr. Gobbler is definitely getting googly eyed over the hen. (the caller)
x2

turkey_slayer

If he double gobbles he just said his first and last name he wants on his tombstone ;D

runngun

Just tell'em that he is liken the game that you are spittin' at him. And he may or may not come y'alls way, cause he is a turkey. He is gonna do what he wants to do!!! But be still just in case!!! 
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Neill_Prater

If a bird double gobbles, I'm the one that is getting excited!  :)

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

TRKYHTR

He is telling the hens where he is located. They are supposed to go to him. When he double gobbles he is very excited and wants them to come now. That should be PG 13.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Rio Fan

So is a triple gobble a full blown rated R?  :o