OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Harrison Hoot'n Stick

Started by BrowningGuy88, February 27, 2013, 10:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrowningGuy88

I got a nice surprise last night! The wife handed me a USPS tracking slip and said surprise. She ordered me one of these:

http://hookscalls.com/inc/sdetail/harrison_hoot_n_stick_walnut/98/143

It is made of walnut. I guess the next thing I need is a lanyard.

WVhuntEER

I have the synthetic one. It is awesome!

Longbeardfever4ever

That's awesome!! I ran the walnut and the synthetic a lot at the booth this year, both great calls! Blew the bocote on stage..good stuff.
Hook's Custom Calls
Keep The Fever Custom Calls
Romans 3:24

BrowningGuy88

Well this Walnut is awesome! I had an old Knight and Hale (I believe) that was mediocre at best.

Hooks got it right with this one.

intherut

Someone who has this should post up a video of using it. I've heard great things about it but i wanna hear what it sounds like.

STRYKER

I just got mine last week and it is great although I am not quite good enough to embarass myself on a video with it.

paboxcall

Quote from: Longbeardfever4ever on February 28, 2013, 09:46:49 PM
That's awesome!! I ran the walnut and the synthetic a lot at the booth this year, both great calls! Blew the bocote on stage..good stuff.

I have the bocote too, and the walnut crow call.  They are awesome.

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Longbeardfever4ever

Hook's Custom Calls
Keep The Fever Custom Calls
Romans 3:24

Chew

I just got my Hoot'n Stick yesterday.  Sounds good, already gettin the hang of it.

BrowningGuy88

I am really liking the one I got. I called up two owls with it last night!

If you have ever run an owl hooter before, then this one will be quite natural to pick up and use!

bornagain64

check out the video on you tube, good stuff.
I was used to blowing really hard to get the right sound, on the other hooters I have used.
You do not have to do it with the Harrison Hooter. Once I realized that I was blowing to hard and stopped It started sounding awesome, I will be using it this weekend down here in Fla.