turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Who Would You Choose From ?

Started by Puppypopper, February 26, 2013, 10:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puppypopper

The Dixie Deer Classic is this weekend in Raleigh,NC. Out of the call makers listed who would ya'll recommend  to go see about a pot call.  I am in the market and have been out of the game for a bit. I had a good bit that Crazy boy Bryan Stanley had made but they were stolen out of my truck and now my oldest daughter wants to go this year so I am having to gear up again. Ya'll know more about these folks than I do, so I figured that I would ask.

Bag Limit Box Calls
Cornell Ent., LLC
David Halloran Turkey Calls
Deadly Attraction Game Calls
Fantomb Calls
Gentlemen Jack Game Calls
Grand Slam Turkey Calls
Lodge Creek Calls
Reynolds Custom Turkey Calls
Southland Custom Game Calls
Super Yelper Turkey Calls
Tom Teasers Custom Calls

Thank, Chuck

kansas hooks

Not sure about any of these but if you want a great sounding pot call for a good price check out Ghost maker game calls.  I have 2 of his calls and after using them I threw all my other pot calls away.  His name is Ed and he is a great guy to deal with.  Does outstanding work.  Give him a look.

NYbassman

First choice would be David Halloran, second would be Southland. I really like Davids friction calls.

Deputy 14

I ran some of the gentleman jack calls this year at the WV hunting and fishing show and they sounded good. Can't speak for the others.

budtripp

Quote from: kansas hooks on February 26, 2013, 10:14:43 PM
Not sure about any of these but if you want a great sounding pot call for a good price check out Ghost maker game calls.  I have 2 of his calls and after using them I threw all my other pot calls away.  His name is Ed and he is a great guy to deal with.  Does outstanding work.  Give him a look.

Yep, I'm having Ed make me a call as we speak. Zebrawood bronzed glass over slate. Should lead many birds to their doom  :OGturkeyhead:

TauntoHawk

David Halloran, I have a twisted sister crystal pot but would love a few more of his pots
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BigEz

David Halloran- I have his twisted sister, aluminum and slate all great calls, I know Tom Teasers are good calls as well, haven't tried any of the others.  I would buy a Halloran call sight unseen if that helps, I know I'd get a great call. 

captin_hook

Hollaran....sugartown sweetness. Awsome call.

savduck

Quote from: NYbassman on February 26, 2013, 10:20:26 PM
First choice would be David Halloran, second would be Southland. I really like Davids friction calls.

This
Georgia Boy

Gamblinman

David Halloran..a crystal mistress is always in my vest.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

duckaholic25

David Halloran.... End of discussion

Rio Fan

I have several of David Halloran's pot calls, his Crystal Mistress and Double Glass are my favorites, but I like them all.  I ordered his Twisted Sister call last week, can't wait to get it.  I'd highly recommend his calls. 

Gooserbat

Go have fun and play them all.  You'll find one, or two, or a vest full you like.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

scoot12

Quote from: NYbassman on February 26, 2013, 10:20:26 PM
I agree,  the crystal mistress and twisted sister are two smoking calls,  i also have the yellowheart crystal from Southland and it is one awesome call as well.  Scoot

AUDoubleBeard