OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Shooting stick

Started by irishff727, February 26, 2013, 05:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishff727

Not sure where to post this but I have been looking at shooting sticks to use for up coming turkey season. Me being cheap and semi poor and half  handy I chose to make my own. Aww the wonders of PVC

redarrow

That's a cool idea. I have a hard time holding my gun ready without wobbling around. I found an adjustable one with the "Winchester" brand name on it at Wal Mart for 9 bucks.

irishff727

Yea I am just cheap only 3 bucks into it

AUDoubleBeard

Nice use!  I just hope you don't have to mess with elevation adjustments in the heat of the moment.

redarrow

Looks like that would work with my crossbow.Foam pipe wrap for quietness too.

captin_hook

Very nice creation. You going to camo er up? I found a trigger stick in the bargin cave at cabelas. It had a little piece of plastic broken off where the lanyard connects to the stick. Got it for 15$. Keep a eye on the bargin cave.

kansas hooks

Cool and smart.  A whole lot cheaper than going to buy one,

Tail Feathers

Cost plus some camo paint I hope.
Well done!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

irishff727

Yea the elevation issue hopefully won't be one. I put hours an hours and hours of R and D. Lmao seriously though just sat in the yard up against a tree on full gear to figure out the height. Seems to be the perfect height. And yes I will camo it.

lightsoutcalls

From personal experience...

If you are going to spray paint it, be sure to sand it first.  Spray paint will chip off of PVC very easily.  I would try roughing it up with 100-120 grit sandpaper before painting. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

briancady

looks like it ought to work, better put a some camo paint on that thing.

irishff727

Actually I was thinking that the super bright light will blind the turkey and he will stumble closer to the end of my barrel lol.

neverstopchasin

forked stick works pretty good and dont cost a dime just the time lookin for it and a little trimmin. dont even need painted and if you have to get up and move in a hurry and leave it you dont have to go back and get it cause its FREE