turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Got My Wild Boar Back from the Taxi

Started by Deputy 14, February 25, 2013, 04:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deputy 14

I was finally lucky enough to get one. These are about as wild as they get in the US. I tried to kill one for about 12 years here in WV before I got this one. We're not as fortunate/unfortunate as some of you guys down south to have them running rampant. Taxidermist told me that this is one of the few places he gets wild boar from that are true Russian boar not part farm hog.

dirtnap

Tomspur

Be careful what you ask for. We have them running like crazy here in Texas. I killed 11 on my deer lease last year and have trapped twice that since the first of the year. They multiply worse than rabbits and tear you property to pieces.
Nice mount and if you need more let me know. I will send you some. Only kidding. Nice kill.

rem 300

Tail Feathers

Nice mount! I have two friends in WV that hunt them.  They too say they are Russian boars.
These feral hogs we have here in TX are huge pests.  I killed a half dozen while deer hunting this year, just to keep them away from my stands.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

kansas hooks

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

tomstopper

STRYKER

slamman

Deputy 14

I killed it in the southern part of the state. There are only four counties that you can find them in, and two of those just have them on the border. The tusks were 2/1/4 inches and it weighed about 350 live weight. I've got my eye on two that are noticibly bigger. Hopefully put an arrow in one of them next year.

STRYKER

Thats a sweet mount. I hunt raleigh county mostly. I am glad those arent around here Im not real sure what i would do if I walked up on one of those in the dark.

Old Gobbler

Nice mount !!!

We got loads of them in most parts of Florida , There are areas in the very southern part of the state that hogs have been wiped out by the Panthers , Panthers love them juicy hogs !!!

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Deputy 14

Just found a pic I took near a wallow this year. Look how high the mud is on the tree, kinda gives a better picture of how big some of these boar are. This is an Xforce GX setting against it. I think it's 34 in long.

captin_hook