OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Diaphragm call suggestions

Started by intherut, February 25, 2013, 12:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

intherut

Hey all, I'm looking for a new mouth call for this season. Just wanted to know what everyone uses and what their favorite is. Thanks everyone!

Gooserbat

I tend to be bias but I use Gooserbat calls, in particular the Hillbilly, and Bacon.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Ded Goblr

Hooks, Houndstooth, Cramer, Pittman, there are many great mouth calls out there for under $6. Lots of whats your favorite mouth call posts on the forum, just run a search..

northms

I personally use the hooks devastator and love it.  Real raspy, like I like 'em.

intherut

Gonna have to give hooks a try this year. Sounds like some of the best around.

savduck

There are lots of quality mouth call makers now. I personally like and run Houndtooth. Lyles call run right out of the package. Check his website out. He has a voucher for a free mouth call.
Georgia Boy

WildTigerTrout

My favorite diaphragm calls are the entire Primos stacked frame series  especially the "True Double" and "True Triple". I know some guys cannot use them as they are very thick, the triple frame even more so but man do they sound good. ;D
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

birdyhunter

Tom teasers make some great calls. I like the butt naked hen but have used and like most of tommys calls.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

AUDoubleBeard

Quote from: birdyhunter on February 25, 2013, 08:28:55 PM
Tom teasers make some great calls. I like the butt naked hen but have used and like most of tommys calls.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

X2

sugarray

Mother Lode and Joe Slaton.  Banner with link at bottom.  Easy to use and all turkey!!

mudhen

Another vote for Mother Lode Calls, the X-Terminator is a great call at a great price  :)

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

irishff727

I picked up some promos on the beginning and they weren't bad. Then I picked up some bully's mouth calls And love em. I just ordered a gooserbat bacon and whatever mystery call he is sending me

MOOSE

I just got a hooks sassy gal in today and really like it. Like the hooks executioner as well. Primos WP-1 is my favorite though.

rmbailey2010

check out Woodhaven Custom Calls.  I like the Yellow Venom in particular right now, but i'm a fan of all of their calls

loner

you can call toms with about any call out there if you know how to make the right calls.try a power'v' type reed.it is a v'cut in the center and usually,2-3 reeds.i bought some cedar creek or cane creek calls last year and they are great.hs strut and about all make these type calls.brands not that important IMO.
just an ole' retired man that still believes in values,and common courtesy.