OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Florida youth season!

Started by HartClemson99, February 24, 2013, 09:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HartClemson99

I was fortunate enough to be invited on a special hunt yesterday with a special young man.  Chris "KiKi" Ricardo is a great kid who has been battling cystic fibrosis.  My buddy Mike Tussey who owns Osceola Outdoors outfitting service invited KiKi on one of his leases to try to take his first bird on opening morning of Florida youth season.  We got lucky and KiKi made a great 30 yard shot using my youth 870 20ga and he joined The Tenth Legion. I was proud to have been a part of this hunt with my buddy Mike, Chris' Dad Ruben and KiKi.
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

HartClemson99

As a side note, KiKi's bird had 1.5" and 1.25" spurs!!!!  The lad's first was a limb hanger!
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

Cove

gophert

WOW...a true trophy!  Congrats young man!

runngun

Great job!!! Tell him congrats from the folks at OG!!!
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

jhcats10

Look at them hooks!!! Congrats to the young feller!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomstopper

Wow. Congrats to that young man. Just plain awesome........ :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley:

slamman

congrats.  hard to get any better then that.  :drool:  :turkey2:

Shakey Jake

AUDoubleBeard

Congrats to the kid.  That's an awesome bird! :drool:

swamp_bird89

Doesn't get any better then that!  :icon_thumright:

Turkeykiller12

Dang what some hoooooooooks !!!!

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Flydown

THAT, my friend is AWESOME!  Congrats!!!