Main Menu

870 SM / 3/1/2 Federal Turkey Thug 2 Oz. #6

Started by Deputy 14, February 24, 2013, 07:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deputy 14

Temp 40 Degrees
Range 40 Yards

Choke: Undertaker .665 (Not Ported)

Choke: Remington Super Full Lead Only (Not Ported)

Choke: Hevi Shot .662 (Ported)

scdxt

I just posted the lead 6 pattern above you. I got 131 in ten at forty with the 3". Might want to try them. You never know they might shoot better than the 3.5. ? But for they money I like these shells.

Deputy 14

Yea I saw that, those were nice patterns. Temperature got me a little but shouldn't be that low. These shells have potential I'm just trying to find a choke the like. I'm gonna get some of the three inch shells next time I make it to Walmart.

chatterbox

Quote from: scdxt on February 24, 2013, 07:37:09 PM
I just posted the lead 6 pattern above you. I got 131 in ten at forty with the 3". Might want to try them. You never know they might shoot better than the 3.5. ? But for they money I like these shells.
Who has these turkey thug shells for sale? I can't seem to find them.

Deputy 14

Walmart is all I know of that has them. They are like the old federal pre FCW.

chatterbox

Quote from: Deputy 14 on February 24, 2013, 07:45:57 PM
Walmart is all I know of that has them. They are like the old federal pre FCW.
I have to get me some of those.

scdxt

Walmart has them. They are a strut shok in new box IMO. On the side of box it says strut shok. But for $10. It looks like 10 dead toms to me.

chatterbox

Quote from: scdxt on February 24, 2013, 08:01:50 PM
Walmart has them. They are a strut shok in new box IMO. On the side of box it says strut shok. But for $10. It looks like 10 dead toms to me.
I hope my Walmart will stock them. Gonna have to keep an eye out for them.
If I can get patterns like that, I would be very happy.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

darn2ten

Tested the strut shok last year. Tried the 3" and the 3.5", got better results out of the 3" shells. With the 3.5-2-6 the best was 116 in the 10 at 40, and with the 3-1 7/8-6 the best was 141. This was with a 24" polished barrel and a .660 Jellyhead choke.

FttFttVroom!

I've had trouble getting good patterns with lead loads in 3.5 inches.  Maybe something to do with the supermag 23 " bbl.  My dads 870 express mag and 28 inch barrel shoots the pants off mine and with 5s to boot.  Run some hevi sevens thru that supermag and you'll more than double your hits.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

gophert

Great patterns and yes the temp should help you out some!

Michigander

Quote from: FttFttVroom! on March 18, 2013, 10:48:42 PM
Run some hevi sevens thru that supermag and you'll more than double your hits.

And multiply the price times 5  ;)

I actually like the last pattern, nice and even. That will kill them all day long.