turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lead 6 pattern federal turkey thug #6

Started by scdxt, February 24, 2013, 07:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scdxt

Well I got my rainy day hunting stoeger m2000 out the other day. Running a kicks .665 24" barrel at a lasered 40. I shot several different lead 3" loads. Best of the day was federal strut shok turkey thug 3" 17/8 #6 from Walmart. Got 131,124,118 in three shots. What y'all think. Always hunted with 5's.

R AJ

If you know where some turkeys are and can hunt them I'd say you might be wanting to buy some grease next. :turkey2: :newmascot: :OGturkeyhead:

chatterbox

Quote from: RAJ on February 24, 2013, 07:21:47 PM
If you know where some turkeys are and can hunt them I'd say you might be wanting to buy some grease next. :turkey2: :newmascot: :OGturkeyhead:
This. Fantastic lead pattern!

scdxt

Thanks guys. Haven't hunted with lead in a few years. Figured I would try the 6's. I use this gun on bad weather days and my Benelli m2 on the nice days. Can't stand to get it wet lol.

Onpoint

Tom Foolery

Very nice patterns.  I just picked up a box to try also.

Matt81302

Looks good. I picked up a box the other day too. Maybe I can about the same results, when I get a chance to shoot them. Not bad for a $10 box of shells.

hookedspur

Looks Great for lead but I bet that Benellis not SCEERD of a little rain !!!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Thomas6689

tyelper

what are they called,,,,,,turkey thugs,,,,,,

surehuntsalot

I don't think you will have a problem with them
good looking pattern
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

lowoctane

I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

reflexl

captin_hook

chrisg2709

I shoot the same shells out of my supernova 24" with rob Roberts 655. Don't know the exact number but they pattern AWESOME!!! No matter the yardage... Dead bird.