turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ol Tom Clothes

Started by mebe007, February 24, 2013, 12:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mebe007

Who wears them? how do you like them? Do you guys prefer the bibs or the pants? how does the duralite material compare to the older softer stuff? trying to get myself something new this year that isnt so dang hot.

runngun

I have the ol'tom pants and shirt and have used them the last few years and I really like them. Just remember to removed the spine pad and knee pads before washing.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

WildSpur

I really like the duralite pants I have.  I have no experience with the older stuff. 

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

Gamblinman

Good stuff.....FYI..it runs small, so order the next size up if you like a loose fit, or room for base layers.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

WickedBama

I wouldn't buy anything but ol Tom.
And go with the pants 
Live For It!

Bustabeak

I bought the pants last year, they do run small. Especially in the legs. My buddies had some drake pants, both ripped in the crotch. Seems like you can lift your knees up with out them ripping. I bought the bottomland pants, old tom,  guess where they ripped??? In the crotch!!  2nd time wearing them. The crotch seem to low in the ol tom and the drake pants. For me anyways.. Very comfortable but I just didnt like the extra breeze so I'll be moving to some other pants this year.

mebe007

well went to bass pro today and tried it on. large was said to be my size and they fit well. tried the xl pants and didnt even need to unbutton to put on lol. decided to grab the large pants and xl shirt. found on ol toms sight in the clearance section they have a bunch of stuff so i grabbed a pair of their silencer technical bigs for earlier in the season and found a silencer shirt and seat bad on archery talk for a good deal. looking forward to maybe not having to carry a vest when i go to camp in the mountains. i dont mind my super elite vest hunting fields here at home but running those ridges up north isnt fun with a vest. I hope this stuff is worth it lol, sure wasnt cheap but i really like the duralite stuff as im tired of sweating my butt off in late season from my heavy cotton silent hide bass pro camo. although i would probably benefit for sweating a little more lol

mikejd

I have been interested in the bibs myself. Anyone know who carry's the bibs. I don't think red head has them.

ctwny1

The Ol'Tom clothing line is just pure OUTSTANDING items.

STRYKER

I just got the bibs and shirt from wingsupply they had them on sale for about half price but its the older camo pattern, I believe its called realtree hardwoods green or something.

fountain2

how do these fit and how do the bibs work with very warm temps?  im gonna get a mesh back shirt and possiblly the bibs if they are lightweight

Eric Gregg

I own a few pieces of Ol tom stuff.....pants, shirt and jacket.
I like them all for the quality of the camo pattern, the thought out pockets, and the addition of spine pads to shirts and jackets that are really helpful in the woods and make sitting for a long time easier.
The price is a little high but if you catch stuff on clearance you can save a little money.

longbeard56

Thats all I wear. Good clothing.
longbeard 56/Tenth Legionnaire
Tri-County Longbeards
NWTF Chapter
Southern NJ.

mebe007

My silencer fabric bibs came today very sweet bibs. especially at the $39.99 i paid on ol toms clearance section.will go with the silencer shirt i picked up at bass pro on sale for $25. i think im set with 2 sets of turkey clothes as i only go to the mountains for a couple days at a time. everything at home its just hunt then wash it lol.