OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Indian Creek chokes worth the money?

Started by TANK, March 05, 2011, 11:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well I have 3 Indian Creek chokes and all are exceptional shooting chokes.  And they guarantee your satisfaction are they will swap out with you until your content.   

Scout24

Thanks for asking, I'm wondering the same. I'm shooting an old Remington .665 HeviShot  tube and and it'll print 224@ 40, 114@50 and 92@60 yards with 3 1/2" Hevi 13 #6's (#7's are illegal in NH). I'm dying to try a IC or PG but I realistically can't expect much of an improvement.

OLE RASPY

Quote from: Gobble! on March 05, 2011, 10:45:52 PM
Quote from: Spuriosity on March 05, 2011, 10:22:38 PM
Quote from: Gobble! on March 05, 2011, 10:17:00 PM
Quote from: TANK on March 05, 2011, 10:02:30 PM
Didn't know they "blew up". Im always looking for the next best thing..........any pictures of patterns or "blow ups"  ?

there was one posted not long ago that cracked and this has happened multiple times. Indian Creek said it was from a bad batch of steel.
There chokes pattern great no doubt about it. I use a Indian Creek but I think people should know that there are other chokes out there that pattern just as good if not better.
Out of a 870 a .660 jellyhead will pattern just as good.
May be, but someone posted a few days ago about one of them blowing up (JH .665 I believe).

could you provide the link to that? that woiuld be a good read. I tried searching but didn't find anything
never mind I found it
I havent found that thread yet i have serched all ofem might have skipped it can someone post it up please..

mrlongbeard

Quote from: Ctomp1974 on March 06, 2011, 10:25:59 AM
http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,3131.0.html

Jellyhead malfunction.

You get what you pay for !!! Indian Creek chokes are well worth the money , I own 5. I have shot dozens of different choke tubes, and they by far out pattern the rest I have tried in my guns.

magicman

I shoot an Indian Creek and don't plan on changing. So yes, they are worth it to me.

knightrider

Quote from: mrlongbeard on March 06, 2011, 12:15:52 PM
Quote from: Ctomp1974 on March 06, 2011, 10:25:59 AM
http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,3131.0.html

Jellyhead malfunction.

You get what you pay for !!! Indian Creek chokes are well worth the money , I own 5. I have shot dozens of different choke tubes, and they by far out pattern the rest I have tried in my guns.
:TooFunny: both the jellyhead and the ic have had problems along with every other product in the world, i will not judge either because they have had a few mess up it goes back to the ole saying of s@#$ happens :z-guntootsmiley:

archery1

i looked an looked again for this post on ic chokes to no avail.. is it a certain choke from them ?  somebody posted it was a bad batch of metal ? this don't seem right. maybe they were using the new federal shells with the flight control wads ?
Take a kid hunting

Gobble!

Quote from: archery1 on March 06, 2011, 07:57:33 PM
i looked an looked again for this post on ic chokes to no avail.. is it a certain choke from them ?  somebody posted it was a bad batch of metal ? this don't seem right. maybe they were using the new federal shells with the flight control wads ?

Indian Creek said it has happened about 10 times due to a bad batch of steel. Give them a call. It was posted on the old forum I believe and lost. They have been very helpful to everyone this has happened to. There customer service is hard to beat.

StruttinGobbler3

Love my Indian Creek. Outpatterned all other chokes I tried in my setup. Currently getting 238 hits in 10" at 40 yards with Hevi 13 #6s out of my supernova. However, I would like to eventually try out a Pure Gold with the same gun/load, just to satisfy my curiousity.
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion