OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Indian Creek chokes worth the money?

Started by TANK, March 05, 2011, 11:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TANK

I am currently shootin a Hevi Shot tube out of my Browning Silver and my 870 Super Mag. They shoot fairly well, but I was wondering if they are worth the extra money? I get decent patterns out of them both with Hevi Blends out to 50 yards...........

redarrow

Yes.  However ,if you are happy with what ya got,spend the money on ammo.

stinkpickle

Quote from: redarrow on March 05, 2011, 11:58:56 AM
Yes.  However ,if you are happy with what ya got,spend the money on ammo.

:agreed:

drum817

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Gobble!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Chester

mcgruff1533

Quote from: Gobble! on March 05, 2011, 03:39:03 PM
Yes as long as they don't blow up

If it does blow up, I'm sure the folks at Indian Creek will promptly ship you a new choke.

Gold Spur

They are well worth the money!!!!!!!   :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

goblr77

I'm still debating whether or not they're worth the money. I'm having to play with different constriction IC's to try to outshoot a Trulock Precision Hunter in my Xtrema.

stick bow

I was skeptical but spent the money for an IC for my M2 20 ga, 45 yds no problem. Loved it so I ordered one for my 870 12ga. should be here in a couple of days.

Gobble!

Quote from: mcgruff1533 on March 05, 2011, 06:32:22 PM
Quote from: Gobble! on March 05, 2011, 03:39:03 PM
Yes as long as they don't blow up

If it does blow up, I'm sure the folks at Indian Creek will promptly ship you a new choke.

when you shoot at that big four year old you have been hunting all year and it blows up will they also shp you a 4 year old gobbler to try to shoot again?

TANK

Didn't know they "blew up". Im always looking for the next best thing..........any pictures of patterns or "blow ups"  ?

Gobble!

Quote from: TANK on March 05, 2011, 10:02:30 PM
Didn't know they "blew up". Im always looking for the next best thing..........any pictures of patterns or "blow ups"  ?

there was one posted not long ago that cracked and this has happened multiple times. Indian Creek said it was from a bad batch of steel.
There chokes pattern great no doubt about it. I use a Indian Creek but I think people should know that there are other chokes out there that pattern just as good if not better.
Out of a 870 a .660 jellyhead will pattern just as good.

Gobble!

Quote from: Spuriosity on March 05, 2011, 10:22:38 PM
Quote from: Gobble! on March 05, 2011, 10:17:00 PM
Quote from: TANK on March 05, 2011, 10:02:30 PM
Didn't know they "blew up". Im always looking for the next best thing..........any pictures of patterns or "blow ups"  ?

there was one posted not long ago that cracked and this has happened multiple times. Indian Creek said it was from a bad batch of steel.
There chokes pattern great no doubt about it. I use a Indian Creek but I think people should know that there are other chokes out there that pattern just as good if not better.
Out of a 870 a .660 jellyhead will pattern just as good.
May be, but someone posted a few days ago about one of them blowing up (JH .665 I believe).

could you provide the link to that? that woiuld be a good read. I tried searching but didn't find anything
never mind I found it