Started by Gooserbat, February 22, 2013, 11:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I hate turkeys

"There is no such thing as to much gun"
Elmier Keith

WickedBama

Live For It!

Byhalia

My dog whistle !    yes  i said dog whistle.....and it does work (makes um gobble....sometimes  ;) )
~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/

HoggleGobble

A bottle of water..... And here's why......
Went to Kansas a couple of years ago to get a Rio. Last day, 0 kills, and was dedicated to spend a day in the 95+ May heat to get my Rio.... Left my water at camp, no cell phone service, and guide wasn't picking me up until 7pm. Needless to say, by 1 pm I was hallucinating and was so de-hydrated I stopped sweating. Found some stagnant molded water, but I didn't care and began drinking it.... Not 4 mins later I'm walking across a horse pasture when it hits me... Diareah and vomit in the middle of a horse pasture...... Nothing like trying to do your business in the middle of a 100 acre field with 4 horses sniffing your rear..... A HUGE learning lesson..... SO I will ALWAYS have a bottle of water on me...

runngun

I have a necklace that I made a long time ago, it is a simple strip of leather with several spurs of turkeys I have kilt. It is what I consider my MOJO or good luck charm. I do NOT go huntin without it.
By the way when I put it on my wife says it looks like I should be doing a rain dance or a Voo-doo chant!!! LOL
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Huntress

My Avian X quarter strut jake decoy...  takes his attention right off me and focuses it immediately on that "poaching little runt" he feels the need to smash to pieces.  Worked like a charm last year   :icon_thumright:

Tomspur

My backpack with all my goods in it. Serves me well.

ddturkeyhunter

A camera, I always have one to take pictures at location where I shot my bird

Onpoint

Face paint.. I'm old school. Plus you can hear better without the mask.

tomstopper

This might sound silly but each year I have my daughters write on one shell anything they want & that is the first shell that is loaded in my gun until the season is over. If its not used, then it's retired into the ammo cache and saved until their old enough to go with me and then they can use them....

30_06

My camera...so I can provide proof I actually killed something when no one believes me  ;D

Huntress

Quote from: tomstopper on February 23, 2013, 11:13:02 PM
This might sound silly but each year I have my daughters write on one shell anything they want & that is the first shell that is loaded in my gun until the season is over. If its not used, then it's retired into the ammo cache and saved until their old enough to go with me and then they can use them....

I think that's AWESOME!  ...and they will ALWAYS remember that and most likely pass that on to your grandchildren one day.  It's all about the memories.

custom12

My Orange Hat .....Safety First !! :fud:

RIStrutStopper

A stick. Gotta be able to scratch leaves like a feeding hen without moving too much.

lumberjack

A good lanyard to keep my favorite wingbone or tube close by!