OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Looking For A Winchester Patterning Target

Started by Nimrodmar10, March 05, 2011, 09:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nimrodmar10

I taught Hunter Safety for Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency for about 15 years. When we had the class the local warden would bring down a box of these patterning targets to hand out to the kids when we were covering the part of the course about shotgun shooting. I really liked those pattern targets. They were plenty big but folded to a small size for keeping for later reference. They also had a place to record pertinent data such as gun, load, etc. They also had a chart on the bottom that told how many pellets were in an ounce of different size lead shot. Other things I liked were the turkey head, the aiming spot and the multiple 30" circles in case your pattern was off center.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find these targets for several years. Does anyone know where I can acquire these targets?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Gobble!

Never seen that before. It looks easier to carry around than the big pieces of cardboard I use.

redarrow

If you can't find them you might try making your own with a roll of butchers wrap.

GOLD HUNTER

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

keyser12ga

It's a nice looking target, just not sure I'd pay what they are asking.

allaboutshooting

Those targets were available directly from Winchester a few years ago but I've not seen them in a long time.

You can get the targets that we use for still target shooting directly from the NWTF. They have a 10" ring and a 3" ring in the middle of a realistic turkey head neck area.

They also have a space for date, gun used, ammo used, choke used, shooter, etc. Those targets are pretty inexpensive and especially when used with some butcher paper behind them are great for patterning.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

TrkyHntr

He's big enough to ride in my truck!

Nimrodmar10