OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Devotional Saturday March 5,2011

Started by mmims, March 05, 2011, 08:45:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmims

I Can Only Imagine!

What will it be like when we see the Lord for the first time? The song "I Can Only Imagine" asks,

Surrounded by Your glory,
what will my heart feel?
Will I dance for You, Jesus,
or in awe of You be still?
Will I stand in Your presence,
or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing hallelujah?
Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine!
© 1999 by Simpleville Music

Ezekiel was a priest among the Jewish exiles in Babylon and had visions of the Lord (see chapters 1, 8, 10-11). He described God's presence as "the appearance of fire with brightness all around," "the color of amber," and like "a rainbow in a cloud on a rainy day." Ezekiel's reaction was to fall on his face before Him and to listen to His instructions  Ezekiel 1:27-28.

The apostle John also saw a vision of God's presence. He may have been Jesus' closest friend here on earth. At the Last Supper, prior to the crucifixion, we read that John was "leaning on Jesus' bosom" (John 13:23). Yet when John saw a vision of the Son of God in all His glory and power, he had the same reaction Ezekiel had, and "fell at His feet as dead" Revelation 1:10-17.

As A Favorite Hymn of mine says.....
"What a day that will be, when my Jesus I shall see.
When He takes me by the hand,
And leads me through the promised land.
What a Day, Glorious Day, that will be"  Amen
Bro. Mike

BOFF

Thank you Mike.

I hope and pray I will be ready and my house in order when He arrives, rather than trying to fix my house and prepare for his coming.
What a shame it would be to miss his triumphant arrival, due to us not having our heart and eyes fixed upon Him.

God Bless,
David B.

Crutch

Great words and two anointed songs, thanks for bringing them to my rememberance today.
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

turkey slayer

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)