OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

TK 2000 and Blackhorn 209

Started by bradb, February 20, 2013, 12:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bradb

Has any one tried Blackhorn in the TK and what are your loads?
Thanks
Brad

mnbirdbuster

Im going to finally try T7 this spring after seeing other peoples patterns with it. BH209 is a hotter powder than T7, and may not produce top patterns due to it being a powder that burns fast, and producing a "Jolt" whereas with shotguns you want more of a steady "Push". That said if you have it...try it! Im surprised what im seeing from T7, so i may be wrong ;D

reflexl

I sure would be interested in what the Blackhorn 209 does. I ahve been playing with 777 and I am getting some good patterns. Hopefully will finally chrony with it this weekend. Good luck with the Blackhorn 209. reflex264

bradb

Here is what Knight saysBrad,

You CANNOT use blackhorn 209 powder in the TK2000. That is stated on page 14 of the manual.

Thank you,

Knight Rifles

777 shoots pretty good so I will probably just stay with it, would like the cleaner Blackhorn

joey46

My page #14 doesn't mention it.  Thanks for the tip.  I'm going to stick with the BP.  Good enough is good enough.  Good luck this season.  Being down in FL I'm getting all set for my 3/16 opener. 

dpittman

I tried it once and it went off fine but the next shot was a fizzle so I wounldn't mess with it. 50/50 chance not good enough for me. BH209 does very well in my CVA optima and accura.

jbmabrey

I use 209 in my tc encore and like it but for tk2000 I use

3' shot cup and ITX Turkey Trauma 13-mix of #4 and #6 shot from BPI over 90 to 110 gr. of BlackMZ
last year used 3 1/2" cups with 2 oz. of #6 shot  over 110 gr. 

Frank G

Quote from: mnbirdbuster on February 21, 2013, 10:39:50 AM
I'm going to finally try T7 this spring after seeing other peoples patterns with it. BH209 is a hotter powder than T7, and may not produce top patterns due to it being a powder that burns fast, and producing a "Jolt" whereas with shotguns you want more of a steady "Push". That said if you have it...try it! I'm surprised what I'm seeing from T7, so i may be wrong ;D

Jbmabrey,
Have been using 100 gr of T7 FFg pushing 2oz of #5 and 5/6 mix lead. Deadly out to 40 yards avg 12>17. Sent one at 50 just for kicks (#5) 7 in the "toast zone". Going to try FFF and a tight wad this weekend. Just tinkering a bit, not that I would "send" one at that distance unless every thing was perfect. Would be nice to know it can do it though. I hunt woods not fields, so a shot at that distance is remote. In the 30 yards range devastating 22 > 30 pellets. I'm delighted with the performance. Take a look at Knight's Webb they have published my results with images and details.  :camohat:

Frank G  In Tennessee