turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Magnus Bullhead vs Gobbler Guillotine

Started by K9Doc, February 19, 2013, 09:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K9Doc

Ok. I have killed 1 with the Guillotine. It worked perfectly. It has 4 blades and 4" citing diameter.
Bullhead has 3.75" cutting diameter, but only 3 blades.  Guillotine is difficult to transport and Bullhead makes neat little rubber tips that allow easy quiver carry.
Who shoots what? Why?
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

jblackburn

Magnus, never shot the GG.  I read better reviews over the bullhead and you cannot beat the Magnus warranty.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

30_06

I shoot the Guillotines (when I'm trying for head shots). Bigger cut and more blades, great flight, and a lifetime no questions asked warranty.

NorfolkHunter

I've tried both the guillotines and the magnus bullheads. I prefer the bullheads. The GG's were very hard to tune. I tried both the 100 gr. and the 125 gr. bullheads. I prefer to hunt with the 100 gr. bullhead. They flew better and were easier to tune. My friends and I are all shooting the 100gr. heads. The 125's were hard to tune and depending on the conditions weren't consistently accurate to 20 yards. I'd be confident shooting the 100gr. heads out to 30 yards. The 3" cutting diameter is enough and sure kills turkeys. My friend had a complete decap last year using the 100gr. head.

Good luck with which ever setup you try.

turkeyhunter91

i have shot both and i like the bull heads i could shoot 45 yards just like field points but the gobbler guillotines only shot accurately to about 25 yards for me but if the guillotines are working good for you i would prob just stick with what works

mebe007

125gr bullheads headshots and 125gr 1 3/4" grim reapers for body shots

Dan Mallia

Quote from: jblackburn on February 20, 2013, 12:21:08 AM
Magnus, never shot the GG.  I read better reviews over the bullhead and you cannot beat the Magnus warranty.

:z-winnersmiley:

I switched to 100 grain, couldn't the get 125's to fly as well out of my new bow. The 100's are flying perfect out to 15 yards and all I hope is I don't miss that extra cutting surface with the 100's.

NorfolkHunter

Quote from: Dan Mallia on March 23, 2013, 10:08:26 AM

I switched to 100 grain, couldn't the get 125's to fly as well out of my new bow. The 100's are flying perfect out to 15 yards and all I hope is I don't miss that extra cutting surface with the 100's.

I went out today and shot the 100 grain bullhead. This poor apple had to be sacrificed. This was a 20 yard shot.

Dan Mallia

Quote from: NorfolkHunter on March 23, 2013, 10:54:24 PM
Quote from: Dan Mallia on March 23, 2013, 10:08:26 AM

I went out today and shot the 100 grain bullhead. This poor apple had to be sacrificed. This was a 20 yard shot.

Looking good.    :gobble:

Hayudog

Magnus.  Have had a hard time tuning. Ended up this year fletching with 5 1/2" feathers.  Spot on now.  I should have held the feathers further back towards the nock though.  They are right at the drop away rest.  Spot on to twenty...on pillows.  Never got a shot this year.

IowaGobblers

Magnus for sure. Tune and sight in great for me!

Dan Mallia

Quote from: jblackburn on February 20, 2013, 12:21:08 AM

Yep.

Ishi

This my first year using the Magnus Bullhead I use the victory arrows with the 125 grain heads. Getting them to fly was easy dead on at 20 yds. I will post off and on how its going this season
The Spirit Lives On

Dan Mallia

So I was bored and picked up a box of the bullhead 125's and they are flying great now, hitting right where I want em. I've killed 2 this season with the 100's but will be trying for the rest of the year with the 125's. I like the extra inch of cutting surface..... :funnyturkey:

Still perplexed as to why I couldn't get em to fly great before and now they're dead on. Probably the operator.