OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: the experiments resume  (Read 4668 times)

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
the experiments resume
« on: February 19, 2013, 10:59:33 AM »
I had to drop what I was doing with the blackpowder last year but I am resuming my experiments. I am going to start cutting turkey loads apart and loading them with 777 in my Encore. I had just started doing this with good results last year. 70grs behind the wad, cup and shot charge from W-W loads seemed to work quite well. reflexl

Offline BrowningGuy88

• Longbeard
Re: the experiments resume
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 11:18:03 AM »
I had to drop what I was doing with the blackpowder last year but I am resuming my experiments. I am going to start cutting turkey loads apart and loading them with 777 in my Encore. I had just started doing this with good results last year. 70grs behind the wad, cup and shot charge from W-W loads seemed to work quite well. reflexl

May I ask why? I can understand the love for muzzleloading as I would love to have a TK2000 or a Side by Side 10 gauge with hammers, but I don't understand BP out of a conventional turkey gun.

Just wondering, not trying to knock it or start an argument.

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 05:38:40 PM »
I should have made clear that the Encore is the 209x12 muzzleloading shotgun. Quite a set up. Here it is with my 835. reflexl

Offline BrowningGuy88

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 05:43:47 PM »
I should have made clear that the Encore is the 209x12 muzzleloading shotgun. Quite a set up. Here it is with my 835. reflexl

Makes perfect sense now...

That is a nice pair you have there! I hope to pick up an Encore PH 20 gauge with a turkey and a slug barrel one of these days.

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 07:16:12 PM »
I know someone that shoots a Encore 20ga with a turkey choke and it works great. I have a friend that has a camo 12ga barrel that I may end up with. reflexl