MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Tom007

Yes my friend, I will get an older 870, they are a great gun.....be safe
"Solo hunter"

tnanh

Agree on the Rem. Ventilator if you can find one.

bbcoach

Quote from: Tom.Tommerson on February 19, 2013, 02:10:43 PM
In years past i have been using 28" barrel 3" hevi-13  3-2-7.  but this year i sold that 870 to buy a 870 super mag with 26" barrel.   I havent even shot it yet, just got it this week.  it will shoot 3.5" shells and intend to shoot hevi-13  3.5-2.25-7
I shoot a Pure Gold .670 in my 835 with 3 1/2 7's and it's fantastic.  A friend of mine has a .665 Indian Creek in his 870 that does very well with Hevi 7's.

longislandloco

Quote from: Tom.Tommerson on February 19, 2013, 08:23:34 AM
I know we have all heard that the Star Dot chock tube is the Holy Grail for the mossberg 835...  My questions is there a "holy grail" type choke tube for the Remington 870?  Thanks for any input

I shoot a Star Dot in my Nova............and have a spare. I'm not sure there is such a thing as a "holy grail" for any gun.
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun".....Old Moe

Tom007

Agreed, it depends on the gun, the load, find the best pattern with each...be safe my friends
"Solo hunter"

gtrjames

My 870 likes the Hevi 13 tube with Hevi 13  3 in 2 oz #6 or #7....a good even hunting pattern

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

longbow59

The best chokes I have found is the Indian Creek .665 and the jelly head .665.

WildTigerTrout

Remington "Ventilator", downright awesome in my 870 Super Magnum.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

greencop01

Quote from: WildTigerTrout on March 27, 2020, 11:21:10 PM
Question. isn't the Rem Ventilator for lead shot only? I have one and shoot an 870 Turkey/Predator shotgun. I don't use the ventilator because 'lead shot only' printed on the package.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: greencop01 on March 28, 2020, 10:09:09 AM
Quote from: WildTigerTrout on March 27, 2020, 11:21:10 PM
Question. isn't the Rem Ventilator for lead shot only? I have one and shoot an 870 Turkey/Predator shotgun. I don't use the ventilator because 'lead shot only' printed on the package.
You are right. I shoot lead in mine.  The old Federal Premium 3" 2 oz. 7 1/2 shot. Deadly combination!
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!