News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fighting and Fitting the Beartooth Comb Raising Kit

Started by agturkey, March 04, 2011, 11:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agturkey

Ok I have bought a Beartooth Comb Raising Kit

I have glued all my pads I need together I have taped them to butt of gun now I am trying to get this stockguard over pads and to stay in place....Anyone have any pictures of theirs after installed or advice on how to get it on perfect?

Jayhawkeye

i had one on a old deer rifle several years ago.  they will never go on PERFECT.  they look ugly, but it do work.
Rock Chalk Jayhawks!!!  Gobble, Gobble, Gobble...  Go KU!!!

keyser12ga

Take some masking or electrical tape and tape the foam in place where you want it.  The edges of the neoprene still stick up on the ends and look ugly but it works wonders.

agturkey

Everything is in place and I stiched them holes up with nylon thread and needle....looks like a million now

VAHUNTER

i did not use glue or tape. i just put the pads i needed in place and slipped the cover on. that was 3 years ago and it has not moved. the Beartooth is a great addition to any gun. great product .nothing fancy but it works
Good things come to those who wait

keyser12ga

Quote from: VAHUNTER on March 05, 2011, 09:24:41 AM
i did not use glue or tape. i just put the pads i needed in place and slipped the cover on. that was 3 years ago and it has not moved. the Beartooth is a great addition to any gun. great product .nothing fancy but it works

Mine moved constantly until I taped it (not enough to compress the foam).

bowhunter32

i use also on 935 with holosight..dont remember anything bout glue????? ???

hankpot

I diddnt use glue or tape on any of mine. I just put the cover on inside out, then added the pads and pulled the cover over itself and the pads. Like mentioned above I sewed mine to make it look alittle better.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Devastator

Quote from: hankpot on March 06, 2011, 03:27:07 PM
I diddnt use glue or tape on any of mine. I just put the cover on inside out, then added the pads and pulled the cover over itself and the pads. Like mentioned above I sewed mine to make it look alittle better.
exactly what i did,inside out and over the pads.mine has not moved.